I had alluded to a fun day with Thomas in my last post and it probably seemed like we were going to spend "A Day Out with Thomas" (and we are going to try to do that soon), but this time, we actually went to see "Thomas and Friends: A Circus Comes to Town" in Huntsville. I have said before that Jack is OBSESSED with Thomas and all his friends and I don't exaggerate at all!! Those of you around us a lot are aware that my child has what may be quickly becoming an unhealthy fascination with these trains:)

The circus clown and Sir Topham Hat Suggestion: If you do take your children, be aware that these actors are on the floor right in front of us. You want tickets UP FRONT! I don't know how the kids in the back could have possibly seen them. It was a really BIG arena and they weren't even on stage. They did this for a lot of the show.

"I can't believe I'm this close to Percy!!"
We had a really great setup and that helped a lot. We stayed in a hotel that had a walkway to the arena in Huntsville so there was no driving and fighting traffic after or before. Just a really relaxing time all around.
I was still a little unsure of how well Jack would do in a seat for two hours watching a show, but he LOVED it!! It helped that we were on the second row and Thomas and his friends were about 30 feet from us the entire time, but it was really great. I recommend it even if your kids aren't crazy Thomas fans like mine. Any young child would enjoy it. There is lots of singing, dancing, a few circus acts, wrecks on stage, confetti, etc..... Here are a few pictures of the actual show.
An aside to Shonna: Caroline did not make an appearance in the show, but I think she's going to TRY to show up in Andalusia around August:)
Percy (He is actually Jack's favorite train - yep, he beats out Thomas)
Cranky the Crane and Harold the Helicopter
Gordon and James

The circus clown and Sir Topham Hat Suggestion: If you do take your children, be aware that these actors are on the floor right in front of us. You want tickets UP FRONT! I don't know how the kids in the back could have possibly seen them. It was a really BIG arena and they weren't even on stage. They did this for a lot of the show.
"What in the world is going to happen next?"

"I can't believe I'm this close to Percy!!"
We had a really great setup and that helped a lot. We stayed in a hotel that had a walkway to the arena in Huntsville so there was no driving and fighting traffic after or before. Just a really relaxing time all around.
This was just too funny not to share... This is how we ride everywhere now. Jack commonly states, "I want all my trains" and he means all of them.
Just in case you were wondering, he's also watching a Thomas DVD now too and has about 10 Thomas books beside him. He knows all their names, colors, and numbers... not kidding about the obsessed thing!!











9 comments:
oh my! that pic of jack at the end really made me laugh out loud. So cute and looks like a lot of fun!
FUN, FUN!!! I always thought Kristen had troubles when Maggie Ruth HAD to have four or five pacis to go to sleep, but little ole' Jack B has a lap full of trains...too cute!!!
Glad y'all had fun and made it home safely. I actually looked for "Caroline" at Namedropper in Montgomery (they have a huge selection of Thomas characters), but she wasn't anywhere to be found:)
What a fun trip for little Jack-Jack. :) The picture at the end is PRICELESS of him holding all of the trains.
Glad y'all had a good trip!!!
Jack is tooo funny, with all his trains. Looks like fun
That is HILARIOUS!!! The boy knows what he likes! :) That is so cool that you got to do that. Sounds like fun for everybody!
Adorable! Looks like he had a great time.
You can tell he had a wonderful time! Glad it was relaxing for ya'll. I'll bet his love for the trains has taught him his primary colors and numbers. It is amazing how much stuff they can learn from something as simple as toys or cartoons.
How FUN!! I love that last shot of him with ALL of his trains. You weren't kidding. haha..Looking forward to seeing you guys!
That looks like so much fun! Madison and I love to watch live shows. I think that was our favorite part of the cruise. They were incredible!! Glad you were able to take him to that. You got some really great pics!
Post a Comment