Monday, August 10, 2009

A Little More Summer Fun!

Saturday afternoon after Caroline's fantastic birthday party, our Sunday School and Discipleship Training classes from church all got together at Blue Lake for one last hoorah this summer! We had sooo much fun! Here are a few pictures from our day.


My two men


Yep, still playing with his trains... He stayed there forever doing that. He would have been fine if all the rest of us had just gone home. He played by himself most of the day:)



Daddy was rescuing his sweet girl, but I'm not really sure what the problem was here. I think maybe she was swimming and got a little more than she bargained for for a second, but daddy was right there! Don't we all wish we were this cute when we are upset?


Jamey and Shonna




Christian and...


Gabe - can you tell these two are brothers??


Bro.Barry throwing Gabe - human cannon ball


Any great preacher knows how to throw a human cannon ball - or maybe that's a great dad that can do that?! Either way, Bro. Barry's got both wrapped up. He threw kids ALL DAY LONG!! Tired yet??


Jason, Brooke, Brooks and Mandy


The Clark bunch - Justin, Dawson and Caylee


Hannah Grace who has recently become a top notch swimmer!!


Joel was having tons of fun with his boogie board!



Conner


Jack, Uncle Jay Jay and Aunt Dee Dee


Jaidyn and Caroline - such cute girls!


Beverly (the other photographer) and Lynne


Mandy and Misty got to enjoy the day more than all of us. They got to Blue Lake at the appointed time, but the rest of us were at home waiting out the storm. I say their dedication to be there should be commended! (or it could have been Christian and Gabe's excitement that got them in the vehicle in the storm too:)


When Wade wasn't helping Bro. Barry throw children into the air, he was throwing the football AT people - me in particular!! Not very nice, right?!


Sweet C and Jack B decided to take a little reading break.


Serious cuteness all worn out!

It was a great day and we can't wait to get together again!!

6 comments:

Lesley Thorn said...

These are cute pictures! It looks like ya'll had fun! Jack is too precious!

Lynn Castleberry said...

I would say that everyone had a really great time. Every time I mention going to blue lake, Jason says there are alligators. Doesn't look like y'all were in much danger to me! Maybe next time, we can join you. Too fun!!

Shonna said...

Great action shots! We had fun too and glad the rain passed on through rather quickly so we could enjoy an afternoon with some of our favorite folks:)

The Wilson's said...

I enjoyed all your pictures of everyone!! Looks like fun was had by all!!

Christi said...

What fun! I haven't been to Blue Lake in YEARS! I don't know if I even remember how to get there!

Beth said...

Looks like great fun! Those are some cute kiddos! We should take advantage of Blue Lake more often. I guess I just really never think about it!