If you are new to my blog you should know that Jack was a Thomas the Train NUT for about a year so we had a Thomas party last year and it was a lot of fun for me to plan and really, the easiest party I've ever had to plan for him. Here are a few pictures from Jack's third birthday party.


And while the (sick) birthday boy stayed next door with my Mom for the first part of his party, he did eventually make it and got to enjoy opening his presents. He even felt like putting on his cute train shirt and birthday hat!


Jack's Thomas cake made by his (very talented) great-grandmother, Gigi. You can see Dave the Giraffe (Jack's favorite "friend" - stuffed animal that goes everywhere with us) and Big Al (Alabama's elephant mascot) on the cake as well. Don't grandmothers just know how to make things extra special?? :)
We had a train and I was very concerned that Jack wasn't even going to feel like riding it. He came around though and the kids LOVED riding this train all over our back yard!
We had a table set up for the kids to decorate their own train cookies. Jack's other great-grandmother made the train sugar cookies and kids really enjoyed decorating them.
Jack's present corner - If you look closely, you can see the picture of him in his train conductor outfit from the previous Halloween.
* Bill and Ben's Buffing and Bashing BBQ (compliments of my in-laws)
* Skarloey's Sweet Sodor Sauce and Molly's Mild Mudding Mix
* Percy's Prized Potato Chips
* Dodge's Delicious Diesel Dip
* Spencer's Strong and Fast Fruit Snacks
* Bertie's Branch Line Brew (Coke)
* Rosie's Really Useful Refreshment (Water)
* Toby's Tough and Fizzy Tram Fuel (Diet Coke)
* Cranky the Crane's Coolers (Juice)

And while the (sick) birthday boy stayed next door with my Mom for the first part of his party, he did eventually make it and got to enjoy opening his presents. He even felt like putting on his cute train shirt and birthday hat!

I hesitate to even post this picture. I look like I had been up with a sick three year old all night after I spent a week planning a birthday party (because I had) but ya know, it is what it is and even though things didn't go as smoothly as they could have, this party was a fun time and is a sweet memory for us!
For other birthday party memories, visit Kelly's Korner.





13 comments:
I don't think that pictures looks bad AT ALL! ...and you are TOO creative with your food names...what an awesome party!
The food names are awesome! I can't believe that you got a train. That is great! Thanks for sharing.
SO detailed!
That cake put my version of a Thomas Cake to shame! :) Loving all the extras you put into it.
You're one good Mommy!
Sophisticated Steps
My nephew Logan would have been all about this party, he loves Thomas. Everything looks perfect, sorry your little guy was sick.
LOVE the food names...it makes things SO much more fun when you really get into it don't you think? :)
What a wonderful party! How cool to have a train for the kids to ride in!
Oh my gosh, what an absolutely adorable party!! You are SO creative! I love the train that they were able to ride!!
Love this party and all the details! We almost did a train party for my youngest 2nd birthday, but we changed at the last minute to Toy Story 3. I will have to save this idea for next year!
Adorable! I love kids' parties!
What a cute party! I think we're going to 'skip' out on parties this year as well. Maybe just a cake and icecream party with the fam. I don't know yet. They are fun....Hmmmmm, decisions, decisions! Cute link idea! thanks for sharing~
that sounds like a great birthday party! So awesome that you had a train! It's true though, at the young ages, the parties are more for the adults :)
My oldest daughter was a HUGE thomas fan for many years too. You should see if Day Out with Thomas comes close by where you live. We went to one and she had a great time.
What great ideas and pictures you have, even if he was sick! My kids have habits of getting sick on important holidays too. You had some great ideas for planning!
OMG that Thomas cake is so sweet! :) Love it! I became a follower of your blog! :) Love it!
Erin
www.purplebookbloggingmommy.blogspot.com
Post a Comment