Friday, September 9, 2011

Keep Calm and Trust Snape

Like many of my other friends, I'm having a love affair with Pinterest.  Nothing I've made so far has been very impressive, but that's due to my poor craft skills.  The ideas were top notch.  I showed my crayon wreath for Jack's teacher in an earlier post.  My latest attempt at DIY Craftiness was t-shirts using freezer paper and fabric paint. We are headed to Universal Studios for the day during Harry Potter weekend and I couldn't be more excited.  I made Jack these super cool t-shirts to wear while we're there.  Like I said, they aren't brilliant, but Jack totally digs them.  He really wanted a Voldemort shirt (because he normally aligns himself with the bad guy and yes, we're a little concerned about that:), but I talked him into Snape instead - the bad guy turned good.


Now, I just need to talk Piper into dressing up as Hermione and we'll be all set!  Happy Pinning everyone!

4 comments:

Emily :) said...

Very cool! I guess I need the Snape shirt since he is my celebrity look alike and all. :)

Lori said...

Haha I LOVE this!! I am such a harry potter nerd :)

everythingismeowsome said...

I have no idea who Snape is, but the shirts turned out really good!

Beth said...

I have heard all kinds of stuff about Pinterest. Sounds fun but I'm afraid it may be just one more "time consuming addiction" that I don't need! I'm afraid to try it or I may get hooked:)
Your projects are cute! I'm not creative either....at all! But it's fun trying:)