Books in 2011:
- In the Company of Others by Jan Karon ***
- Same Kind of Different As Me by Ron Hall and Denver Moore *****
- Her Mother’s Hope by Francine Rivers ***
- Her Daughter’s Dream by Francine Rivers ***
- Mini Shopaholic by Sophie Kinsella *
- Black Heels to Tractor Wheels by Ree Drummond ***
- The Island by Elin Hilderbrand ***
- Tales from the Yoga Studio by Rain Mitchell *
- Barefoot by Elin Hilderbrand ***
- The Blue Bistro by Elin Hilderbrand ***
- Nantucket Nights by Elin Hilderbrand **
- The Love Season by Elin Hilderbrand ***
- A Summer Affair by Elin Hilderbrand **
- The Family Beach House by Holly Chamberlin *
- Water for Elephants by Francis Lawrence ****
- Something Borrowed by Emily Giffin ***
- Something Blue by Emily Giffin ****
- The Help by Kathryn Stockett ****
- Love the One You’re With by Emily Giffin ***
- Heaven is for Real by Todd Burpo **
- Baby Proof by Emily Giffin ***
- Look Me in the Eye by John Elder Robison *****
- The Sunday Wife by Cassandra King ***
- Be Different by John Elder Robison ****
- Skipping a Beat by Sarah Pekkanen **
- Running with Scissors by Augusten Burroughs ***
- Testimony by Anita Shreve **
- Born on a Blue Day by Daniel Tammet ***
- Sarah’s Key by Tatiana de Rosnay ***
- The Carrie Diaries by Candace Bushnell **
- Summer in the City by Candace Bushnell ***
- Summer People by Elin Hilderbrand ***
- The Castaways by Elin Hilderbrand **
- Beachcombers by Nancy Thayer *
- Harry Potter and The Sorcerer’s Stone ***
- Harry Potter and The Chamber of Secrets ***
- Harry Potter and The Prisoner of Azkaban ***
- Harry Potter and The Order of the Phoenix ****
- Harry Potter and The Half-Blood Prince ****
- Harry Potter and The Deathly Hallows *****
- To Kill a Mockingbird by Harper Lee *****
- Radical by David Platt ****
- The Picture of Dorian Gray by Oscar Wilde *
- One Day by David Nicholls ***
- Twilight by Stephanie Meyer ****
- New Moon by Stephanie Meyer ****
- Eclipse by Stephanie Meyer ****
- Breaking Dawn by Stephanie Meyer ****
- Mountains Beyond Mountains by Tracy Kidder ***
- Percy Jackson: The Lightning Thief by Riordian **
- Percy Jackson: The Sea of Monsters **
- Percy Jackson: The Titan’s Curse ***
- Percy Jackson: The Battle of the Labyrinth **
- Percy Jackson: The Last Olympian ***
- Dancing with Max by Emily & Charles Colson ***
- I Don’t Know How She Does It by Allison Pearson ***
- I Remember You by Harriet Evans ***
- Rain Song by Alice Wisler *
- Twilight By Stephanie Meyer ****
- New Moon by Stephanie Meyer ****
- Eclipse by Stephanie Meyer ****
- Breaking Dawn by Stephanie Meyer ****
- Crazy Love by Francis Chan ****
If you have any great reads for the year, I'd love to hear about them. I need some to add to my reading list for 2012.
6 comments:
Sarah's Key - is that the one they made the movie about? There was one with key in the title that I wanted to read, but b/c I didn't write it down, I can't remember what it was... anyway - love your list and now I have some suggestions too (I have so got to read "To Kill A Mockingbird" - I can't believe I've never read it!) however, I can't bring myself to get on the Twilight bandwagon - tried to read Immanuel's Veins which I think is probably Ted Dekker's version on Twilight, but gag...I couldn't finish...Oh well... Happy Reading in 2012!!
I loved Sarah's Key even though it was so sad and having a little boy it made me think too much.
I just finished The Distant Hours by Kate Morton and loved it. I will be doing a review on Friday for my Book Club Friday. You should join. ;0
Did you have a favorite of the year?
I'm so behind on reading books lately. I have read most of those.
Since you read, and enjoyed the Twilight books, I'm guessing you would probably enjoy The Hunger Games books too. The first movie doesn't come out till March, so you still have some time to read them first.
What did you think of the series by Emily Giffin? If you loved them, then we may have something in common and I will refer to your list.
Haven't visited here in quite a while! The look of your blog has changed since I've been here - very nice.
Good list of books, only a few of which I have read.
A book I'd recommend? I like Roaring Lions, Cracking Rocks, and Other Gems from Proverbs (but, I'm biased about that one, of couse :). I'm reading a couple now by John Ortberg. He is great.
Hope everything is going well. wb
Post a Comment