Friday, January 15, 2010

2009: A Year In Pictures

Here is my annual Year in Review (I guess two years in a row makes it an annual thing:). This year was a BIG year for us full of changes!! Here are a few of our memories:

January: The beginning of the year brought Jack's first real haircut which made me very sad.

Our house started to look like an actual house...

... and I wrote this sweet post about my husband which was fun to look back on.

February: This month brought a very upsetting ER trip to Children's Hospital in Birmingham. It was a really awful day!! Looking back on my year in review last year, February seems to be the month where Jack gets very sick. We'll have to work on that this year!

March: We got to enjoy some warmer weather this month. Han, Joel and Jack made good use of it at our house with the big sand pile! We spent hours playing here - probably should have kept it!!




April: Easter is always a special time and Jack got baby chicks and ducks this year. They have all found new homes now, but they were fun for a little while.

And April always means Happy Birthday Jack!! We had a fun carnival birthday this year.

May: We got ear tubes again this month. We don't care for the process, but we are very thankful for the result. Jack has been sick very little since we got these for a second time. We also took a trip to Houston for a week and had a blast at the zoo, acquarium, and children's museum.

June: We spent a LOT of time at the beach, mostly with Caroline and Shonna and that's just how we like it!! These trips are the number one reason Jack and I are looking forward to this summer!!


July: Trip to the mountains with my parents. Loved it!! We spent a day out with Thomas and Friends, went white water rafting, ate good food - it was great all around!


August: We took some trips to Blue Lake with great friends and spent our last few days of summer playing outside!


September: We got to go to Seasme Street Live with Gigi, Gi, Azland, and Katrina and then came GAMEDAY!! Alabama football started this month and never once disappointed us this year! Roll Tide!


October: We had a great Fall Festival at church this year and Jack was Thomas the Train's conductor. He was thrilled with his costume Ben made!!

November: This little bundle of joy entered our lives in the scariest way possible...

...but we'll take her any way we can get her! Ella Charles Fore was born on November 10th.

We got to celebrate Thanksgiving in Pensacola this year and had a great time with our family!


December: Christmas!! We had a great one and was able to spend time with ALL of our family! It took us three weeks to finish it all up but we were so happy to get that sweet time with every one!


I cannot believe the year is over. Time is flying, but we are making the most of it and having a blast. God has been so good to us this year and we are excited about what he has in store for next year. Our prayer is that we allow Him to work through our family to bring Him glory! So, with another New Year's kiss....
...from our family to yours, I wish you all a great 2010!!

10 comments:

Lynn Castleberry said...

That is awesome Lori! Wow, I bet hunting down all those pics took some time. Great idea!!! I love that last one of you and J. B. Too sweet!!

Julie said...

LOVE!! I saw that Ashton did the same thing on her blog, and I really enjoyed seeing your events in pics over the year's time. :) I want to do the same thing with my 'year recap' too! ;)

Emily :) said...

Love this Lori! So glad I got to "be a part" of your year!

Karen said...

A Year In Review - I love it! Great photos. Can you believe it is already 2010 - and January is almost gone?!?! Time flies...

Kelly said...

I loved that post! God really has blessed your family in so many ways this year! Ya'll are so precious! Wishing a wonderful 2010 to your family :)

Beth said...

What a sweet post! I love how you captured each month with the pictures! May God bless your family once again in 2010~

Christi said...

This was fun to read! I like the last picture the most! :)

The Pinsons said...

I loved looking at the pics...you have a beautiful family!!!

Jenilee said...

what a fun post to review your year in pictures!! cute family!! :) we are dealing with ear infections over here right now :(( not fun!

Shonna said...

We enjoy spending so much time with y'all too, but especially those hot, lazy days at the beach and Blue Lake:)