Tuesday, June 8, 2010

Beach Buddies

Jack B and I got to go to the beach with our "beach buddies" (aka as Shonna and Caroline) yesterday. We loved it and had the most fun - we were so thrilled to get to enjoy our Florida beaches and hope we get to do that some more this year. We are so saddened by the oil spill, but being the wife of an oil field worker, I also know the need for this work. The truth of it is just that bad things - tragic, horrible, life-altering things - happen sometimes. It's sad and there will have to be lots of changes b/c of it, but we should all still understand that this is a product we need and everyone uses and that this country cannot live without. Having said that, we are certainly going to miss these beaches when the oil does get there so we were excited to have this day.


Time to Relax:




It was a good day!

12 comments:

Beth said...

I love the sleeping/relaxing pictures!!! Those are precious! Glad y'all got to enjoy the pretty beach!

Bibi @ Bibi's Culinary Journey said...

What a sweet pictures. There is nothing cuter then sleeping child.

Unknown said...

They are some real cuties! I love it, great pictures. ;0)

Emily :) said...

Love these! I especially love the on of Jack relaxing with his leg crossed. So glad you were able to enjoy the beautiful beaches!

~ Noelle said...

how cute and fun...
i think we need to take the boys to the beach this summer

Susan Cook said...

Wow those are great pics. Looks like fun day at the beach.

Looks like they are actually taking naps, which is amazing to get kids to do that at a beach!

Thanks for sharing♥

Alexis AKA MOM said...

Now that is what I call a fun day! I so am jealous! It hasn't stopped raining except for 2 days the last month & a half ;(

Just beautiful pictures! Loving the cute bathing suits!!

Colette S said...

I love the photos of all this fun and relaxing :)

I wish I could go to the beaches just for a little. We don't have them here in LA despite what the reporters are saying. *roll eyes*

And I agree with you about the spill. Terrible things happen...it is life. We work together to learn and move on and rebuild.

My dh also works in the oilfield.

aloha!

Anonymous said...

Hooray for beach buddies! Ya'll look so cute in your beach shorts. Love 'em.

Mandy Johnson said...

How do you get them to sleep on the beach? I have never been that lucky! Glad you guys got to enjoy it before it was too late!

Jenilee said...

such cute pictures! don't you just LOVE summer and beach days?? :)

Tiffany said...

Those are great pictures! I never get mine to fall asleep at the beach. What Florida beach is that? The sand is very white. Love it!