Wednesday, March 30, 2011

What You Never Wanted to Know

This post is inspired by my friend, Elizabeth at The Wonderful Happens who does a Whatnot Wednesday post every week. It's one of my favorite posts to read each week and while I could never keep to that kind of schedule, I did have lots of random thoughts running through my head on this particular Wednesday so I'm going to steal her idea just this one time.

*I really enjoy watching the show "Off the Map" but I'm pretty sure this is only b/c they wear shorts, cargo pants, t-shirts and TOMS to work every day. For this reason, I have no idea if it legitimately is a good show or not. Can someone fill me in?

* In other television news, I'm over American Idol. I was so excited during auditions and Hollywood week and I loved the new judges but now I can barely stand to watch. Yep, over it. Am I the only one?

* I am shocked that there are allegations that Auburn payed football players. Honestly, who could have ever seen that coming?? *dripping with sarcasm*

* In other sports news, I have recently determined that my love for Alabama does encompass more than just football. Turns out, being good at a sport makes it much more exciting to watch. I have thoroughly enjoyed watching Alabama play basketball this year. First, I thought it was just b/c I have a super crush on our new coach (he's dreamy - just google Anthony Grant), but now I realize I really do care if they win or not. This is great b/c just what I needed is another sport to obsess over!!

* Speaking of men I am super crushing on, my husband works away from home for three weeks at a time and I can't call him at his job. He calls me once (or twice) a day. He's also a little cranky when he wakes up (he doesn't have anything on me but still, a little cranky). He called me today when he woke up and I was right in the middle of something at work. I told him that when I answered and he just hung up. Yep, just hung up the phone - that was it. Hands off now ladies - he's all mine! :)

* Jack is still fascinated by commercials. The Mucinex ones with the green mucus guys are a personal favorite. He was a little congested a few weeks ago and he came and told me he needed some Mucinex to kill those mean mucus running up and down his throat. I told him they were trying to have a party in his belly. He thought that was the greatest thing ever!! We were riding down the road the other day and I heard him say, "Mucus, you better stop that party down there!!" Thank you, Cosby Show, for that great parenting tip!

* Speaking of Jack, I think the school feels that I don't get as "upset" as I should when Jack has to go to timeout or whatever. It probably has a lot of do with my job - I see kids that are completely out of control, so Jack having to sit in timeout for whatever reason doesn't really bother me too much. (I know, I know - that's awful, but true). At any rate, the really unfortunate part is that it doesn't bother Jack very much either. Several months ago, he had been going to timeout for several days in a row. His teacher had told me about it and so we had a "talk" - you know, the TALK (that does no good because it's like five hours AFTER the misbehavior but I digress). Anyway, the next day I picked him up from school and said, "Did you go to timeout today?" Jack said, "Yes and I'm going to go tomorrow too. When she (the teacher) rings the clean up bell, I'm going to yell "No" and then sit in timeout while the other kids clean up the toys." Something happened at work to make me think of that today and I gotta say, I was a little impressed all over again.

* I'm amazed by the things people post on facebook - literally, amazed by the things you can see on there. On facebook I have seen: husbands and wives fight with each other; people talk about their "intimate" life; someone talk about their family members (and not in a good way); people tell the minute by minute details of their day (I'm going for a walk, home from the walk, going to wash dishes, finished washing dishes, etc.); people trash their jobs and their bosses; people declare their undying love for someone; and all sorts of other fascinating things. I have finally figured it out - facebook is like people watching. It's literally very similar to sitting in a mall or airport all day and just watching people. I think that's why I love it so much. I could people watch for days and now I can do it from the comfort of my very own home without having all the people actually in my home - wonderful fun!

* The US Parcel Service sent me an email yesterday saying they had a package sent to my house that will be here in three days. I have no idea what it is or what it could be but I am literally beside myself waiting to see what it is!! Seriously, can't stop thinking about it.... This is what passes for excitement in my life these days, but it's a life I love. There's no two people I'd rather share it with than my "hanging up on me" husband and "timeout loving" kid!!

Well, that's it - pretty much everything in my mind right now. And now I have shared it all with each of you. Sincerely, my apologies... :)

10 comments:

everythingismeowsome said...

doesn't it feel good just to get it all out??? I am laughing so hard at Jack already planning on sitting in time out while watching the other kids clean up. I think they're gonna have to get a bit more creative in their punishments at that school!!
I totally agree with people on FB. Sometimes I just want to hide people (and I do it a lot) but it is almost like a car wreck that I can't stop watching!
As far as secret crushes, I have some too. They include Robert Pattinson, Cam Newton (gag all you want!!!) and my gay crush Clinton Kelly. Who else can rock the paisley argyle like my man Clinton?
Anyway, I thoroughly enjoyed this post, but I have no idea why.....:)

Heather said...

Jack is totally cracking me up, that kid has got it figured out LOL :) He gets to sit and they get to clean up, too funny!!!

Gail@Sophisticated Steps said...

There are so many hilarious things to comment on, where do I start?

Jack - oh my goodness. Probably something you want to work on, but that's hysterical. Smart kid.

FB - over it. Had it for about 5 months. Done. Wacko. Entertaining, yes, but not for me. Plus hubby works in Network Security. We know too much it seems. ;)

Your Hub - haaaaaahaaaahaa. Sorry. Sometimes I say the same thing about mine..."He's ALL mine".

American Idol - haven't watched even one episode. Now I'm glad. (Not a fan of Steven Tyler anyway.)

The USPS package - actually, be careful that it's legit. How did they get your email address? I got an email the other day from a "fake" postal service about a package I supposedly mailed. Hmmm.

You should do these random postings more often. Quite fun! :)

Sophisticated Steps

Tina K Rogers said...

I am like Heather, Jack is totally cracking me up!!!....

Quick note, I made my first home visit yesterday and my heart just breaks for little babies/toddlers who seem to from the get go have no chance... How do you do it every day? Wow, is all i can say!

I am like you on the AI thing. I'll watch it sometimes, but I'm not cheering on any particular person. I think I only like try outs for good laughs and from there on i'm pretty much over it.

and the facebook thing... i'm wowed at what people say. and normally, i can't wait to call my bestie to say did you see what so and so said on fb. I mean it's days of our lives at the touch of a finger. maybe my life is pretty sad. lol.

Emily :) said...

My favorite post ever! :) Jack is TOO smart! We are so kidding ourselves thinking we're the ones in control, aren't we?

I am so with you and FB being like people watching. I constantly go between fascination and being so over it. I know it's getting bad when I talk to people "in real life" and all we talk about is what is going on on FB!!!

As for Ben, I'm sure the hanging up was TOTALLY an accident. :) I love your life too! Thanks for shring it with us!

Megan said...

Lots of comments!

a - hate to ruin the excitement, but that US parcel email is a virus thing. If you opened the attachment that came with it, you may want to start running some anti-virus software. I get those emails weekly at my "junk" email address and always delete them. Sorry to be the bearer of bad news.

b - your little Jack is SMART! Figuring out that he can sit in timeout while everyone else does the clean up!! Better watch out for that sneakyness at home :)

c - YES! I cannot understand all the OVERsharving people do on FB. It's just weird!

d - never seen that TV show that you mentioned....but I am intrigued by TOMS. Have you ever worn them? I want to know if they're comfy!!

e - that is all. :)

Christi said...

Love this post! Your Jack is one smart cookie!!!! I think he may be smarter than me! As for Ben, shame, shame! My hubby has NEVER hung up on me! *wink* I most likely deserved it more than you did though! ;)

Serendipity is Sweet said...

Lol, you are funny.
I think your kiddo is just too smart for time outs, and I'd love to just hang up on my husband on occasion, lol. But that just wouldn't fly. Yours is lucky to have you!

jayayceeblog said...

I love Off the Map - it's like Doctors Without Borders Who Shop at Tommy Bahama.
Still watching Idol - hanging in there.
I'd say your Hubby needs a time out except it sounds like it's the smart thing to do. Seriously, your little guy has figured out that it's better to go to timeout than help clean up the toys? I wonder if that would work on housework around here.
A mucus party almost makes it sound like fun. I miss the Cosby Show.
FaceBook scares me.
What has brown done for you lately? Now I can't stop thinking about what your package could contain! =D

Melanie said...

So sad that you didn't get that package! I love mail and I would hate that teaser!
I agree on all fronts on FB. It is amazing to me how people put it all out there. I have one girl that literally used to say, "Going to make a Pop-Tart! Cherry or strawberry? I just don't know!" Seriously? Who cares??? But it is so much like people watching, and the added benefit of getting to watch active train wrecks or people you barely knew from high school is priceless. I guess it's all part of this reality tv age where we all think we are the most important person in the world and everyone cares about our every move. I'm out on all that, but people watching is probably my favorite hobby. Have you ever done it at a Lowe's or Home Depot? You totally should. Fascinating!
And finally, I agree with you about the time-outs. What do they want us to do four hours after it happens? Plus, aren't we paying them to parent while we are away? It seems cruel for them to assume we should have to do it when we were totally off the clock. Ha! I kid. Mostly.