Today was my last day with my current job. I've been in this job for ten years now (WOW!) but I've mentioned that I'm going from full time work to part time and to do that, I need to move to the foster care unit of our agency as opposed to the family support unit. When I left the office today, mostly I was relieved to know that I'm going to have a much shorter schedule and I'm going to get to be home with Jack so much more, but I was also sad. It was a tough move from somewhere I've been a long time and really enjoyed.
Thankfully, I had almost no time to think of it because I'm leaving for Haiti on Friday and I haven't even begun to start to pack. I have (thankfully) prepared most of my portion of the Bible study we are going to be doing with the ladies there. But, I've been rounding up 1000 dum dum suckers for the kids we are going to see, two large bottles of Pepto Bismal for the preacher that has severe ulcers (as a gift to him - cool gift, right:), and lots of other stuff.
I have this weird thing though where I can't pack unless the house is clean - like really clean so I've been cleaning out my bonus room and outside storage room tonight. I know it doesn't sound like I'm getting ready for Haiti, but that's all part of my process:) During the next hour, I'm going to try to sweet talk my sweet heart into making me a "Jonah on a stick" for our skit for the children. It's gonna be a fun trip....
4 comments:
Sounds fun! And busy! Praying for your trip!
Can't wait to hear all about it! And I totally understand. I did laundry all day yesterday - I'm leaving Thursday and still haven't started packing!! Praying for you and travel safe! ((hugs))
I'm so excited for your trip! I can't wait to hear all about it!
Hope you have a wonderful trip!!
Yea! for part time ;)
Post a Comment