It's been a while, but I'm back. I know you are all on the edge of your seats with breath held.
Jack has decided that he wants some control of the radio in the car. For the past three weeks, all he wants to hear is "Junkyard" by the Zac Brown Band.
This isn't his favorite version, but he'll take it in a pinch.
Just yesterday, he branched out a little and moved on to this request:
He actually said "Shining Star" but eventually we figured it out. It's times like this when you know you're doing something right as a parent.
I've taken to writing the names of movies on Jack's snacks for preschool. The main reason is because it helps him be more excited about going in the mornings. He likes school but he doesn't really like getting out of bed and getting ready. The idea that he has movies to read about at snack time helps. For a couple of days, I was writing movies like "Cars" and "Rio" and "The Smurfs" because I was aware that Jack's teacher would see them. I asked him about school one day last week and he said, "No more G and PG, Mom. I only like PG-13 and R."
Jack is very literal. When he doesn't like something or doesn't want to do something, he always has a reason for it - a valid reason. If he doesn't want his picture taken, the battery is dead in the camera. If he doesn't want to pick up his toys, his arm is broken. The other day, he didn't want to go home. He was playing and busy, so when I told him it was time to go, he wasn't feeling it. He said, "Sorry! Can't go. The house burned to the ground."
We had lots of friends over to our house last Saturday night to watch football and hang out. We rented one of those big slides. We had about 20 kids so it was totally worth it's weight in gold - especially when football is on. We were setting up our television outside. We only use it during the fall so it hasn't been out there for a while. During that time, I happened to catch sight of our windows and I thought I would clean them really quick. Let me just tell you... that is a job that is NEVER ENDING!! It's like peeling back layers of a dirt onion. Of course, when I got a text from my friend to see what I was doing, I told her "cleaning the windows... did u know people really did that??" Maybe that's why it was like a dirt onion...
This Saturday was one of those great days in fall - those football days the Foremans love so much. Auburn lost. I BELIEVE.... the streak is over. There was celebration. All is right in the world again. Let's move on.
Head over the The Wonderful Happens and tell us what made the world right for you this week...

3 comments:
Is it bad that I got a kick out of Jack telling you "sorry, the house burned to the ground"? Maybe.
you have the coolest kid - just sayin'... :) (minus the house burning part - although I did laugh, sorry...)
How did you like the banquet Monday? Wasn't it awesome?! I've been reading her book and can't put it down...I love the ways she writes! My heart aches as I read it, but rejoices at the same time knowing that the end is worth rejoicing over:)
I love that Jack said "the house burned to the ground." (Not that that was funny, just love how he puts it out there!)
And be kind to us Auburn fans:)
Post a Comment