These are a few of my favorite {Christmas} things:
This little guy - our elf named Pinocchio. Well, he's actually not a favorite of mine, but more of an inconvenience having to remember to move him every morning, but Jack likes him a lot. He's fairly mild and boring compared to all our friends' elves, but we like him.
Like Jack, he can appreciate a bad guy every now and then - like Blackbeard.
My Alabama Christmas ornament collection. They have a new one every year and we have one from each year that we've been married. I heart them.
After our Christmas tree wars last year, this real Christmas tree that didn't almost split our family is a favorite. And yes, I got another real tree after I swore I never would again. Apparently, Christmas trees are like childbirth. As time passes, all you remember is the joy the finished product brings.
Anytime you can put Christmas and Disney World together, it's a fave on my list.
Homemade Christmas ornaments - especially when they have this cute face on them.
VeggieTales nativity set - I just think it's funny and the version of "Little Star of Bethlehem" it plays OWNS me.
Christmas cards - of any variety - are one of my very favorite things about Christmas, but these with cute kids on them to help decorate my Charlie Brown Christmas tree are tops.
Pictures from our wedding to remind me that our first Christmas together was extra special.
And my new FAVORITE ornament (and I do mean FAVORITE) from my sweet friend, Karen. It says things that are so special to our family and I think she got all the high points. She even put movie previews on there for Jack. This is one of the best surprises I've ever gotten in the mail. LOVE it.
Pictures with Santa from years past
And one last favorite thing: getting my camera and realizing my son has taken about 120 pictures - like this self-portrait:
What are some of your favorite Christmas things??
3 comments:
I love Christmas and I love all of your favorite things! My most favorite ornament is a tiny pair of delicate glass baby shoes that I got a few weeks after Isaac was born. They have pale blue ribbons on them and a place to write his name, birthdate, height and weight at birth. I nearly choke up every year when I unpack them!
Wow. These are lovely. I wish I had the spirit this year to do decorate more than the tree. and the door.
Happy Holidays
We love real trees at our house too. I always had a real one growing up, and I want the same for my kids. I could certainly do without the mess, but it's all good. And what a cute idea for the ornament!! I'll have to remember that for next year! Merry Christmas!
Post a Comment