Monday, January 19, 2009

Shakespeare and Bear Bryant?!


In the words of our pastor, Barry Wilkinson, "Shakespeare and Bear Bryant in the same sentence - something strange is afoot!" But it's true. I got Ben tickets to see "Bear Country" at the Shakespeare Festival for Christmas. It was a play about the life of legendary coach Paul "Bear" Bryant. We also got Jason a ticket for Christmas (and Carrie got one too) so we all went to see it this past weekend.

We enjoyed it a lot and would recommend it to any Alabama fans. There were only four actors in the whole play. It took place on Coach Bryant's last day before he retired. He is cleaning out his office the entire time and he is remembering things from his life. Very entertaining!! We really enjoyed ourselves. The actor that plays old Coach Bryant was WONDERFUL!! Here are a few pictures from our night.



We also stopped by to see John and Kelly Wells before the play. We were so excited to see Anna Reese in person for the first time. I know a lot of you have seen pictures of her on Kelly's blog, but they really don't do her justice. She's just adorable and the most relaxed and easygoing baby ever!! She just laid her head down and went to sleep while we were there (which was unbelievable to a mom like me who continues to have to fight like crazy to get my child to go to sleep!) Kelly, I can't wait for her to meet Jack (maybe he won't teach her all of his bad tricks)!! We hope to see you all again soon!

8 comments:

Shonna said...

Glad the guys were able to make that "sacrifice" to spend some time with you and Carrie and enjoy another aspect of bama football!!! War Eagle:)

Heather said...

Looks like you guys had a great time. I'm sure it was entertaining. ROLL TIDE ROLL!!!

Julie said...

What a fun weekend! Mother, Nanny, and Aunt Lisa are going this Saturday to ASF. Wish I was going too! Roll Tide!

Did you get the fever for another little one after holding that beautiful little Anna Reese?

Lynn Castleberry said...

The pic at the top was taken in Nashville last June at the Opryland Hotel. A friend of mine was thinking about getting tickets ASF to see the same thing for herself and her hubby for Valentine's Day. I will have to tell her you recommend it.

The Wilson's said...

I am glad ya'll had a great time! Anna is a precious baby!

Kelly said...

We had so much fun seeing you guys too! Loved the "boo boo bear" gift and the roll tide wipee case! Too cute! Hopefully ARW and Jack will get to meet soon :)

Dawn said...

Went to see this after giving my Dad tickets for Christmas! It was awesome! We enjoyed it as well. A real tear jerker! I didn't know a lot of that but my Dad, being the huge Bear fan he is knew most of it! I highly recommend it as well. No just to Alabama fans, Bear was an inspiration to all!

Anonymous said...

Hey girl,
Here I sit all alone while you and the gang are off enjoying the conference. I can't believe I have to be here for this silly training so as you can see I am doing some very important work while waiting for the clock to tick down to the time I have to join in on the training. Ok, lets talk about this potty training thing. I don't think you are going to get very far with it if he does not learn to take down the pants. I am loving the fit pictures,go Jack!!! The boxers are soooo cute!!! Ok I guess I will go and get some lunch while I wait to join in on the training.
Elaine