It's very hard for me to take pictures of the house to share so I'm just going to show you the "little things" in each room that make it feel like home to me.
We had a shelf very similar to this one in the kitchen in our old house and it was my favorite thing about that house. Mr. Reeves was able to recreate it for me here.

These pretty measuring cups and giraffe measuring spoons are the things that make me want to BAKE!!
This "old" chair has gotten a fresh look. It's a favorite spot for Jack to drive his tractors and trucks!! Plenty of road on here!

This light fixture doesn't put off a lot of light, but doesn't it look pretty in the dining room?

Having our pictures out really makes me feel like I'm home now.

This is one of Ben's favorite things in the house (well, other than the TVs) so I thought I would include it for him. The computer desk (that is not in the right place yet) was one of the few new pieces of furniture we got. Notice that some of the Alabama prints have made it on the wall and some are still in waiting...


Having our pictures out really makes me feel like I'm home now.

This is one of Ben's favorite things in the house (well, other than the TVs) so I thought I would include it for him. The computer desk (that is not in the right place yet) was one of the few new pieces of furniture we got. Notice that some of the Alabama prints have made it on the wall and some are still in waiting...

Ben's dad and stepmom (aka Papa Ben and Gramme) made this shelf for Jack's birthday after I sent them a picture in the PB Kids catalog and I LOVE it!! Jack's pretty crazy about it too as it makes the toys in his playroom soooo much more accessible!
And finally, my favorite item in the whole house is in Jack's room (for the moment anyway - it tends to move around a LOT!).


This "little thing" right here makes the whole house, don't you think?!


This "little thing" right here makes the whole house, don't you think?!
So, up next... hang the curtains, water the grass, get more grass, plant some trees, just landscape the whole yard, hang the mirrors, put up the daybed, organize the cabinets, go through Jack's closet.... much left to do (I'm not sure that it ever ends) but we are loving every minute of it!!



9 comments:
My favorite part is the last picture!! I also love the chaise-- I have always wanted one of those in my bedroom!
Love it all, but especially the "little" one in the last picture considering that it brings more joy than a house could ever bring, right? Love all the accessories in the house. Everything is looking good.
Several questions: #1: Did my Aunt Esther recover that for you? Just curious. #2: Is the desk in the office Brittiana from Ashley's Furniture? It looks similar(the ornate pattern) to my foyer table, and I've been "eyeing" and "wanting" the Brittiana dining room table and curio/buffet for quite some time now....maybe I'll grow a money tree in the yard this year! HAHAHA!! Remember, I said it is a WANT not necessarily a NEED...although it is hard to fight the urge to just up and purchase it! :)
Lastly, don't worry, you'll get it all done in no time flat. You've already got more pictures on the wall than I do and I've been in my house two years--and in the process of having my curtains completed for the boys' room by my cousin Tina.
Julie, Alabama Upholstery in Opp recovered the chair - I didn't know you had an aunt that did that, but good to remember.
I have no idea what the desk is but it did come from Ashley Furniture so that's probably it. I just picked out one I liked:)
I have all my curtains, I just haven't put any of them up yet!!
How nice Lori, and them little ones do bring lots of life to a house. I know you are so glad to be moved in.
I can't wait to see it all in person. Looks like you have been very busy! I love the shelf in Jack's room but ironically it resembles and "A." Ha! Thanks for sharing!
P.S. You look great in my group photo! LOL!
Wow!! You just made me tired talking about all the stuff left to do! I can't seem to get the dishwasher loaded today:) I love everything and the shelf has sooo much life with all that color! Very cute shelf in J's room also! You are doing a great job with the decorating! I am glad you and the family are loving the new house!
I love it.. Post some more pictures.. let me know if you have a house warming, I would love to see it in person!! We are still having problems on our end! Miss you,
Erica
WOW...we need to come back for another visit, you have been busy!!!
PS I still owe you a sweeping/dusting of the floors!
Lori--I love the shelves with the dishes on them! VERY Anthropologie. So cute!
Post a Comment