Monday, May 17, 2010

Get There Fast... And Then Take It Slow

We weren't going to Kokomo, but that's just what we did! We have just gotten home from a week (that's right - seven whole nights!!) in Navarre Beach and it was WONDERFUL! We didn't make a schedule but instead did exactly what we wanted the whole time - which wasn't much actually. We did finally ride some go carts our last night, but other than that, it was beach, pool, nap, eat - every day! I didn't even take a computer with me and that was pretty nice too. We were able to spend some time with good friends and family. My parents spent one night with us and then our great friends, the Fores (and beautiful Ella Charles making her beach debut:) and the Bulgers (with the adorable Piper - my future daughter in law) came for the weekend. It was so nice - the only problem is I now have to gear up to go back to work tommorrow:( But, that's ok, I'll find myself back at the beach soon; I haven't figured out how yet, but I'll get there! I'm just going to leave you with lots of pictures from our week!




















11 comments:

Tina K Rogers said...

jack b is growing up! he is one cute fellow. i know yall had a great trip. i love beach trips w/ nothing on the agenda. you leave feeling soo relaxed. hopefully, the beautiful beaches will be safe and there will be several more beach trips through out the year.

Julie said...

Fun! Did y'all stay at The Pearl?!?! That is where we have stayed w/ my parents for the past 3years when we vacationed for Spring Break @ Navarre.

I know it is sad to come back to the 'real' world when you've been off doing your own thing for a week. We're having a our 2nd beach trip w/ friends the first weekend in June and can't wait. I hope the oil spill doesn't ruin our summer beach plans!!! Love the all the pics!

Karen said...

Looks like so much fun! Adorable pics! :)

Emily :) said...

I missed you! :) Looks like the best time ever. Those are the kind of vacations I like. Eating, sleeping and relaxing! Love all of the pics!

Lynn Castleberry said...

Ahhhhh! Don't you just love vacations like that?! That is exactly how our mini one went; beach, pool, beach, pool, you get the idea! It was wonderful!!! We did get in some putt putt but other that that it was so relaxing!! Can't wait to do it again! Those 3 kiddos sure are a good looking trio!

Beth said...

Lori,
That sounds like our vacations...eating, sleeping, relaxing, and in our case, more EATING! We love to eat around here:) Glad you got to enjoy yourself and your family! Makes me want to run back and have some more beach time with my little ones!(and big one!!!)

Carrie said...

FUN, FUN, FUN...ready to go back and stay longer! :) Those are some cute kids in those pics! :)

jayayceeblog said...

I am supremely jealous. That looks like so much fun! Love the sleepy time pictures. There's nothing like exhaustion after a day in the sun.

Anonymous said...

Looks like y'all had a blast! That's awesome!

Susan Cook said...

Great pictures - that looks like a lot of fun. Looks like you had a great vacation at the beach♥

Kelly said...

Looks like so much fun! Sorry we couldn't meet up with you guys! We were in desperate need of some alone time (like 5 months overdue) and we were only there for two night. We are in Andalusia all week! We'll call to see if ya'll are around so we can come by for a bit and visit!