Wednesday, May 19, 2010

The Versatile Blogger Award

Thanks so much to Tiffany at My Crazy Kind of Wonderful for this great blog award!! I'm supposed to tell seven things about myself now so here goes:

1. I have peculiar eating habits. I don't eat meat with the bone in - it must be cooked away from the bone. I also don't like sweets - every now and then I'll have a brownie, but no cake, pie or ice cream for me! Before, you think that I eat healthy I should say that there are only two vegtables I eat:) I prefer white food - I don't know why!

2. I have an addiction to luggage - actually storage units of any kind. I see them and I just think that I really, really need them. My child is three years old and has already had four different backpacks - that's not including his baby bags (there were a LOT more than four of those)!
I'm also addicted to shoes but I don't find that to be all that odd or different.

3. I collect art from other countries - not expensive art or anything that you would find in a gallery, just paintings from other countries. I currently have framed art from: Greece, Ecuador, Venezuala, China, and Honduras. I prefer to visit these countries but some have come from very sweet friends. I'm hoping for a painting from Ireland next and I want to get that one personally:)

4. For those you of who have been reading my blog for a while, you're already aware of this. If you know me personally, you are aware of this, but I've had some new followers lately, so I feel that I should disclose this. I'm a HUGE Alabama football fan!!! HUGE!! Yes, that is the current, reigning national champions, by the way! ROLL TIDE!!

5. I'm a social worker. I have worked in child welfare for almost nine years now (WOW!) and I really enjoy it. I work very flexible hours so Jack B doesn't have to go to daycare all day (and there are times when I would like to stay home with him all the time), but most of the time I really do enjoy my job. I think social work is one of those unique occupations b/c the philosophy of it really does effect the person you become. I changed a lot of my feelings about race, equality, and the value of each life in the midst of becoming a social worker.

6. I just got home from the beach (as you can see in my last post). I love the beach - could stay there all summer,but my husband misses his house:) Plus, I do have a job...see #5 :) Thankfully, we live about an hour and a half from the Florida coast so we get to spend a lot of time there.

7. The most important thing about me: I'm a follower of Christ. I'm a Christian and I try to stay centered around God's will for my life. I believe that life doesn't have eternal meaning if it's not lived for Him. I also believe that when our earthly life is over, all that matters in the decision we made about Christ. My favorite verse is Phillipians 3:8. "Consider everything a loss compared to the surpassing greatness of knowing Christ Jesus my Lord for whose sake I have lost all things. I consider them rubbish that I may gain Christ." I believe life in Christ is life beyond compare to anything the world has to offer!

Thanks again Tiffany for the blog award! I loved it!

4 comments:

jayayceeblog said...

Loved reading about you ... thanks for sharing. On peculiar eating habits, I have known several people who can't stand to have their food touching on the plate. That one always baffles me since it gets mixed up in the end anyway. ;-D

Tiffany said...

You're welcome for the award! I enjoyed reading about you and thank you for sharing seven things about yourself. You are lucky to be able to work outside the home and not have your son in childcare. Good for you.

Grace~The Mommy On the Bus said...

"Thomas groupies" I love that! We've been in that group too from time to time!

Carrie said...

It was fun to find out these facts about you! I feel like I didn't know you at all...:)