Monday, November 15, 2010

Thankful - 14th and 15th

14th - I'm thankful for a really good book. I'm such an avid reader that I will read an okay book and sometimes I'll even read a bad book. But there are very few things that compare to my LOVE of a REALLY GOOD BOOK!!! Give me "Redeeming Love" by Francine Rivers or "Safely Home" by Randy Alcorn or "This Present Darkness" by Frank Peretti or "The Charm School" by Nelson DeMille or "At Home in Mitford" by Jan Karon or.... or.... or.... (I could do this for days), but give me one of these books and a little quiet time and I'm a happy girl!! :)

15th - I'm thankful for my car. Not only because it gets me where I need to go, but also because I enjoy time alone in my car - just to listen to music and think or just to not think for a while and ride. I even enjoy time in my car with Ben and Jack (b/c they don't like to talk and ride a lot either:) or time with my friends b/c we DO get to talk more on long rides somewhere than any other time. So, for lots of reasons, I'm thankful for my car:)

1 comment:

Emily :) said...

I totally get you on this one. Especially the car. Driving and listening to music is probably my favorite hobby. I'm exciting like that. :)

(BTW, I really love your car too!)