Monday, January 10, 2011

Reasons to Quack!!

Here in Alabama today, all the talk is the National Championship game tonight between the Oregon Ducks and the Auburn Tigers. There is lots of controversy over which team Alabama fans should pull for. On one hand, Auburn is an in-state team and a member of our conference. A win from them would be a fifth national title for the SEC which is a pretty good argument that we have the best conference in college football. On the other hand, Auburn is Alabama's biggest rival and most Bama fans want them to lose every game they play. I'm in the group that is pulling for the Ducks. I think Auburn will win, but I just don't pull for Auburn EVER, UNDER ANY CIRCUMSTANCE. That's the way I was raised and I don't apologize for it.

But regardless of which side of this controversy you land on or if you are one of those people that could not find many topics you care LESS about than this one (like a lot of blog readers:), there have been some pretty funny tweets today on "valid" reasons for Bama fans to pull for Oregon and I thought I'd share them.

Reasons for Alabama Fans to Pull for the Oregon Ducks:

The Goonies was my favorite movie as a kid. It's set in Astoria, Oregon. That's enough to make me a Ducks fan.

I could point out Oregon on a map faster than I could Auburn. Easy choice, Oregon.

I like to watch Ducks swim. Go Oregon!

I enjoy the ESPN commercial with the Duck Mascot. Good enough reason to pull for Oregon!

I've seen the Prefontaine movie so I'm a pretty huge Oregon fan!

We watch "Little People, Big World" and they're in Oregon. Valid enough reason to pull for the Ducks!

I visited Corvalis once ... So it's OSU's city ... I still am compelled to root for Oregon, right ... Roll Ducks!!!!

Yeah, I got a co-worker who has a brother that lives in Oregon...so obviously I gotta pull for ducks!

Another reason to pull for Oregon... Animal House was filmed in Eugene. Enough said!

Pretty good stuff!! Well, I'm not gonna lie - I would be pulling for the Ducks under any circumstance but their fans were chanting "ROLL TIDE" last night in Phoenix. Now, I'm going to assume there weren't any Auburn fans chanting that...

Everyone have a good day and a good laugh! ROLL DUCKS ROLL!! :)


1 comment:

Warren Baldwin said...

I wanted Oregon to win to send a message to the Newtons.