Tuesday, April 12, 2011

The Duck Returns

The Foremans are living it up in Houston -AGAIN!! We (have to) get to come here a few times a year for Ben's work. I was being whiny and complaining about the 10 hour drive, having to come to this town AGAIN, and being here for Jack's birthday (or driving home for 10 hours on Jack's birthday) and then I got over myself. Honestly, if my biggest problem is staying in a free hotel for a week and not having to work a bit and I choose to complain, then I'm a person that even I don't want to be around:) So, I got over myself and have embraced Houston AGAIN!! We are planning to tackle lots of fun things to help Jack celebrate his birthday week but so far all we've tackled is "the Duck." He first made his appearance on the blog in this post. We have no idea what his purpose is, but he is always here - right in the parking lot beside our hotel. Jack loves him - just thinks he's the coolest thing ever!

After visiting with the Duck, we watched Hop last night and got a new Look and Find Batman book. So, as far as Jack's concerned, the 10 hour drive was already well worth it! And, hey, with the bunnies and chicks in Hop and the Duck, this trip is gearing us up for Easter fairly well! More of Houston to come.... AGAIN!

4 comments:

bethany said...

I'm from Houston-there are lots of cool things for kids there. Let me know if you need any suggestions!

Megan said...

I LOVE Houston!! My daughter and I lived there for about a year in 2007, and I'd move back in a heartbeat. Houston's huge, and I don't know where you are, but I'd suggest visiting Kemah. It's on the south side of Houston, but just 45 S and you'll see exits and you go a few miles East, and you're there! Also, Galveston is fun, and I bet y'all would like Moody Gardens. ENJOY your time!!

Tina K Rogers said...

yes, you most definitely need to visit kemah!!!! and if your car breaks down my dad will gladly help you. rons downtown auto!!
it's on bagby.

Pam said...

FUN! We love Houston, used to live in Texas and that was a regular vacation spot for us! Have fun!