I'm so SUPER, SUPER excited that Elizabeth has started a blog link for Whatnot Wednesdays!! I'll say "You're Welcome" to everyone over on her blog now because it was totally my annoyingly, persistent suggestions that got her to do this:) This is a post that I enjoy reading every week and I can't WAIT to read all the useless info floating around in all your brains today, so go link up now!!! No, wait, read my useless stuff first and THEN go link up:)
- First, an update from last week: No package ever came:( Some of you smart ones let me know that it was probably a virus or hoax, so I wasn't too terribly disappointed. It did really cut back on my excitement level for the week though. Also, I feel that I should let you all know that I didn't let Jack continue to yell to get out of clean up time at school... I was impressed but not quite enough to reward bad behavior although Ben did entertain the idea in the interest of rewarding "such great reasoning."
- Since I wrote the word hoax about 30 seconds ago, all I can think about is that there is a movie where a character pronounces that word hoe-ax, but I can't think of what movie it is or the character. I just remember that it's VERY funny!! Does anybody know the movie?
- We went to a housewarming Saturday night and Jack entered our friend's son's room (a teen who is so SUPER great to my kid all the time that I choose to LOVE him regardless of his love for Auburn). Jack immediately said, "Mom, look at that ugly Under Armour sticker (the brand of Auburn's uniforms) and LOOK, an Auburn blanket and helmet. Mr. Justin's room is a REALLY BAD room!!" Oh, the pride.... (I know y'all get tired of hearing me talk football but any Foreman whatnot really has to have a ROLL TIDE in there somewhere - I mean, that's always running thru our heads!! We are that ridiculous about it:)
- Jack has started calling me Mom instead of Mama and I am so super thrilled!! I hate to admit this, but I never really liked being Mama. I actually tried to get Jack to call me "Ree" when he was first learning to talk (my nickname that Hannah Grace gave me when she was a baby and that she and several others still use today), but my family had a fit about that idea so I let it go. In any case, I'm really thrilled that he started this whole Mom thing on his own.
- Dancing With the Stars is back and I'm crushing on Ralph Macchio - you know, from "Karate Kid." He's like 50 and he still looks exactly the same, so there is really no good reason for me to crush but there it is nonetheless. I'm also crushing on Lil' Romeo a little bit too... Other than that, I have a whole list of favorites that I won't bore you with. Although, I am a SEASONED fan so my list would probably be considered informed if nothing else:)
- When we were building our house a couple of years ago, I sort of accused my electrician Dad of gilding the lily when he hooked up a generator that will run electricity to our whole house if our power goes out. You know, for the three or possibly four times ALL YEAR that the power goes out for an hour or so. When the storm came a couple of nights ago while I was trying to watch DWTS and the NCAA championship game, I decided that I might need to offer an apology b/c I thought I was going to have to call him over to crank the thing for me. Turns out, an hour can be a pretty long time when there is important television to be seen (well, DVRed anyway). I haven't apologized yet, but I did think about it. I'll save it for when I need it - the power really will go out one of these days and I'm guessing it won't be during the evening news or some other show I have no interest in.
- Rachel Ray says "gilding the lily" in practically every episode of her new show "Week in a Day" but I would just about bet the farm that she never once said it on "30 Minute Meals." I don't know why this intrigues me, but it does.
Well, that's about all for this week. I think I've gotten most of the ramblings of my brain out but thanks to Elizabeth at The Wonderful Happens, I can start storing them up again for next week!! Hope to see you all over there!

10 comments:
First of all, thanks for linking up and for encouraging me to start the link up!!
Okay, I've got my eye on a pair of Toms--I don't have any yet!!! I am thinking the gray stonewashed ones because I want to be able to wear them a lot. There are also some cute colorful striped ones. Suggestions?
If I have a kinky dream about Ralph Macchio, I am holding you accountable. I will never look at Bobby Flay the same way now.
Hoe-ax? I don't know the movie, which disappoints me, because I love me some movie trivia.
So sorry about your package. :( That's a bummer.
I really like Ralph Macchio. He seems so sweet! I have no idea why the judges went off on him. What happened? That was crazy!
I have to be completely honest and show what a dummy I am. I have no idea what gilding the lily means. I'm such a dork!
Great link up! Hope you're having a fabulous Wednesday!!
Loved this! Ralph is my favorite and I wanted to slap the judges Monday - his jive was way better than Romeo's (although I do like him too - no coomparison w/ his father at all!!) Anyway, I want Ralph to win even though I've never been able to stand Karina. Ya know, I don't think I've ever seen Karate Kid...horrible I know...maybe this weeked...
Thanks for encouraging Elizabeth! Whatnot Wednesday is my favorite post of the week (unless there's a referral, TC or some other REALLY fantastic news).
And thanks for your comment on my blog. Really - these people need to get their acts together - or just not use the phone number that I end up with!!!
And Ralph Macchio! Wow! I have to check out Dancing with the Stars now.
Thank you so so much for the sweet comment on my blog. That is so funny that you are so excited to be called mom because I am the opposite I think ill cry when I'm not mommy or mama. haha Im one of those crazy moms though :) I also am crushing on the karate Kid (even at 50). Hope you are having a beautiful day
Hey! Thanks for leaving a comment in my blog - Holy Spirit eyes: when you look at someone and you can see/discern the depths of their soul. I can't really explain it other than that...I watch a *LOT* of RR's 30-Minute Meals, and I have NEVER heard her say "guilding the lily." And, oh, BTW, Coke Zero Rocks! :)
love that you were the one that got this party started! ;)
i am seriously cracking up at jack telling you to look at him -- owned for sure!
also, ralph macchio? super cute. still.
Okay, I want to know what movie they say "hoe-ax" in if you think of it. And even though I am an English major, I have no idea what "gilding the lily" means, so I'm gonna need to know that too.
I have absolutely no idea what gilding the lily means...haha. Guess I need to Google it!!
Post a Comment