Tuesday, May 10, 2011

The List

I've been behind on the blog lately, but in my defense I have been at work for 29 of the past 33 hours and I'm T.I.R.E.D. I won't get into all the reasons why but this is sporadically a part of my job and as a social worker, people are involved and it's normally not an ideal situation so there is emotional anxiety on top of the exhaustion. Having said all that, I'm going to totally cheat on this blog post and update my list of books I've read in 2011. I'm still rating on a five point system so maybe you'll find something interesting on my list.

Books in 2011:

  1. In the Company of Others by Jan Karon ***
  2. Same Kind of Different As Me by Ron Hall and Denver Moore *****
  3. Her Mother’s Hope by Francine Rivers ***
  4. Her Daughter’s Dream by Francine Rivers ***
  5. Mini Shopaholic by Sophie Kinsella *
  6. Black Heels to Tractor Wheels by Ree Drummond ***
  7. The Island by Elin Hilderbrand ***
  8. Tales from the Yoga Studio by Rain Mitchell *
  9. Barefoot by Elin Hilderbrand ***
  10. The Blue Bistro by Elin Hilderbrand ***
  11. Nantucket Nights by Elin Hilderbrand **
  12. The Love Season by Elin Hilderbrand ***
  13. A Summer Affair by Elin Hilderbrand **
  14. The Family Beach House by Holly Chamberlin *
  15. Water for Elephants by Francis Lawrence ****
  16. Something Borrowed by Emily Giffin ***
  17. Something Blue by Emily Giffin ****
  18. The Help by Kathryn Stockett ****
  19. Love the One You’re With by Emily Giffin ***
  20. Heaven is for Real by Todd Burpo **
  21. Baby Proof by Emily Giffin ***
  22. Look Me in the Eye by John Elder Robison *****
  23. The Sunday Wife by Cassandra King ***
  24. Be Different by John Elder Robison ****
  25. Skipping a Beat by Sarah Pekkanen **
  26. Running with Scissors by Augusten Burroughs ***
I would like to personally recommend "Look Me in the Eye" by John Elder Robison (especially to all my ASD moms out there). It was wonderful and one day, I'm going to write a post about all the great things he said when I was talking to him. That's still really cool - that I was talking to him:)

Before I leave, I wanted to say that I did have a very nice Mother's Day but the highlight was when Jack brought my gift home from school. It was a cleansing face mask (which will actually come in handy today in dealing with these dark circles under my eyes:). He gave it to me and said, "Mom, sit back, CHILLAX and put on your face mask!" Love it!! I hope all you wonderful mothers out there had a really sweet day as well!

2 comments:

everythingismeowsome said...

I just got Same Kind of Different as Me from the library today. Hoping to sit back, CHILLAX, and read it soon! Hope your week gets a little less crazy soon. I can't imagine some of the situations you must find yourself in.

Karen said...

Somebody told me about "The Help" this week! I'd never heard of it, but twice in one week - I should check it out.