Halloween was a big deal around our house. We are "on the go" people in general, but I'm telling you, this Halloween almost did me in. Thankfully, the only real scare was my sanity and my ability to hold up through all the fun. We had spent several months getting ready for the Fall Festival at church - like we do every year. This year, however, we were hosting Jack's preschool Halloween party at our house as well. I had volunteered for this (because I wanted to and NOT because I wanted to get my turn over with early in the year... nope, couldn't be for that reason:) without realizing that the party was at 9:00 a.m. on the Monday AFTER our Fall Festival at 5:00 p.m. the night before. It was ON. I mean, it was go and go and go some more. The good part about it was since I'm on the Children's Committee and helped prepare all the stuff for the Fall Festival, I was able to borrow several games for the Little Friends party. Insta-party:) The bad part is that my feet were killing me by Sunday afternoon and I still had to load and unload all the goods that night and get my house ready. Needless to say, a bedtime at 3:00 a.m. and wakeup at 6:00 a.m. AFTER a REALLY long day the day before did not help with the aching feet and tired brain. By noon on Monday morning, my legs wouldn't go ANY MORE. Jack and I took the rest of the day OFF. I got in my chair with my computer and my DVR and I barely moved for the rest of the night. I was T-I-R-E-D. But it was worth it. We had lots of fun at both events and seeing my child enjoy a party with lots of other children... yeah, worth it. I'm just going to tell the tale in pictures.
NIGHT THE LIGHT WITH JESUS
 |
| Captain Jack Sparrow |
 |
| Bug Toss and Duck Pond game |
 |
| I think Ben's picture cutouts have seen their last year's worth of use. We just about did them in at the preschool party. |
 |
| Alice in Wonderland (Piper) and a really pretty bird (Ella) |
 |
| Bottle Toss; Go Fish; Balloon Pop |
 |
| Scarlett (Caroline) |
 |
| The Good Witch (Brannon) and Jack |
 |
Ski Ball; Pumpkin Bowling
LITTLE FRIENDS HALLOWEEN PARTY: |
 |
| Before all the food arrived |
 |
| Sack Races |
 |
| Pumpkin Patch |
 |
| Jack found his pumpkin |
 |
| Mrs. Helen and her Little Friends |
 |
| Jack and all his Little Friends |
 |
| Hay Ride |
 |
| Playing all the games |
 |
| More picture fun:) |
 |
| Cute bunch of kids |
I was happy to see Halloween come. It was fun. I was happy to see Halloween go. But, I'm already thinking about costumes for next year. At the end of the day, I can't get enough of a good thing:)
4 comments:
Whew! Isn't is great to look back at the fun AFTER it's over?? It all looks like so much fun, you can tell how much work you put into everything. I so wanted to do that balloon pop game at our fall festival, but Josh would not allow a game that put darts in the hands of the kids around here. I was a little bummed, but I don't totally blame him.... :)
BTW, CUTEST Jack Sparrow EVER!
I am exhausted just looking at that. You did a great job though!!!!
I'm exhausted and I wasn't even there. Love the Jack Sparrow costume. Looks like everyone had a blast!
You did an incredible job with the Little Friends party. I love that your preschool does that.
Post a Comment