These were actually taken a few weeks ago and I've posted these or some similar on the blog before. Remember this look....


And now today's new and improved "big boy" look...



It seems really short to me, but others have said that it's not. Either way, we like it. Thanks again Tara (aka TayTay)!
While I'm on the subject of "real", let me keep it real for a minute. I understand that some of my friends were blessed with very sweet, well adjusted, and easygoing children and if you were, I envy you greatly:) I, however, got Jack!! Don't get me wrong - I LOVE his exciting and different personality. I can even appreciate the fact that he has a mind of his own and knows what he wants. I actually prayed for a child that was interesting and not boring... well, God answers prayers!! Nothing boring at ALL about my man! On the other hand, nothing is easy either. He and I have to determine who's in charge all over again every day! He will fight me on battles that he knows he will lose. I, in turn, have learned to "let it go" sometimes b/c I would collapse if I didn't. The term "choose your battles" has taken on new meaning for me!
Anyway, all that to show you his newest attempt to get what he wants - pitching a fit. Yep, he lays in the floor and kicks and cries. Now, we normally just leave the room or put him in another room when he does this (b/c who has time to listen to that? - not Mommy), but I took some pictures this afternoon since I already had the camera out. He did NOT like for me to take his picture.


Thankfully, these don't normally last more than a few seconds since it does not get him the results he wants, but surely they will stop altogether soon, right?! I think we've started the "terrible twos" a little early! Needless to say, if we have another child, I will not be praying for him/her to not be boring!!
All of that and then I look at this face and I think, "Well, you're so cute, I could listen to you cry and scream all day!" It's the calm after the storm and even a little smile...

Wouldn't take a thing for my strong willed man. Who wants easy?! Nothing fun about easy:)
11 comments:
HAHAHAHAHAA!!! I LOVE that he has that shirt on that says "Moms love me" as he's lying on the floor! So CUTE!!!!
Way to go MAMA...I LOVE the haircut!! And the tantrums,they will pass. I found the best thing to do was ignoring them, but there there were those few times the fits were bad enough to earn a trip to the bathroom (know what I mean)!!
I think you are doing well and being strong! I don't really believe in terrible two's because three was just as bad for us. Both of my girls are strong willed to say the least but Anna will usually give in and listen before Emily. At least when I threaten Anna it works. Whereas Emily doesn't care what I say!!! She is getting better day by day. He will over come this in his own time.
On the other hand I really like the haircut. It is so cute how it flips up in the back.
The cut is cute, and for the tantrums know you are not alone. I've had two "non-boring" children. I agree w/ Ginger I've always heard terrible 2's but Bailey hit 3 and wowwee she was something else.
I want interesting kids too! They are way more fun. I'm pretty sure I was one of those boring babies.....
Tantrums...Oh do I so remember them. This to shall pass... I would just walk out and leave whomever they would eventually stop. The tantrum is usually to help get what they want and also for attention. Cherish those "terrible twos" or "threes." Whatever it is, however long it last...just cherish it.
Well, I must admit we do still have the occassional fit but mainly we are very whiny(sp?)!!! 24-7!! I try to ignore it but just like those tantrums it can work on your nerves. Just hang in there. We will miss these days!
His hair IS short. He looks like a little boy, not a little baby. Of course he will ALWAYS be "Baby Jack" to me and Uncle Jay Jay. Wow. I haven't been able to see the new fits yet, which might be a good thing since I usually have to walk away (because I'm laughing so hard!) I know it won't be so funny when I have a kid, but come on, LOOK AT HIM....:)
Well Lori, I love his hair! As for the fit throwing...you know I understand. I used to have go OUTSIDE when Sarah would start hers and not because I was laughing! Kate has just started her fit throwing, but she doesn't scream. She just plants herself where she wants to be and gives us the stare down. I'll be honest, last night I had to turn away because I was laughing! So, don't worry about your kids being boring, there is no such thing. Just pray God will equip you to handle whatever their personality may be! Oh and thank you very much for your sweet compliment. :)
Jack has grown so much. Now his big boy hair cut will make him look even bigger! He will eventually stop throwing fits. Maybe when he is 34! They haven't stopped for us. They are just different every year.
I "cut" my little ones hair every few weeks..but I am not giving up those beautiful curls yet :) They are only babies once! Now, for my 3 year old that refuses to get his hair cut..because he wants "big hair" LOL! I am not sure what his excuse is!!!
Post a Comment