Monday, February 23, 2009

Basketball Goal Game

Our child has fallen in love with basketball. We love football and like any other sport better than basketball really, but he says "no" when we ask him if he's gonna play football, baseball, or golf. He says he's going to play "basketball goal." Well, we decided to take him to Troy to see Andalusia in the playoffs. Ben took him to the game Thursday with our friend, Dexter and his son. Then, we all went to the game on Saturday with Aunt Dee Dee and Uncle John. Jack enjoyed it soooo much. His cheer was "Let's Go Nico" and "Come On Derek." Those were the only two players that we knew:) We know of Nico b/c he's going to best school ever next year and who doesn't know Nico and Derek is the nephew of my office mate. Well, they won both games and Jack enjoyed his "basketball goal game" experience.

After the game, we went to Sikes and Kohn for Ben to get some boots and Jack decided to try on some hats. I took some pictures of him with Ben's cell phone....


He's cute stuff styling for the camera, but I think the store employees were thrilled when we left:)

Feel free to send up a little prayer that this kid ends up loving either football or golf!! His daddy is gonna be heartbroken if he doesn't (and his momma too)!! :-)

6 comments:

The Wilson's said...

Let that baby like basket ball, I am sure he will change his mind several times before too long. He is certainly cute trying on those hats!! I know sikes and kohn's employees were glad when my kids left the other day because they were trying on the ladies dress shoes. I tried to keep them all in order but you know that is not easy when you're out numbered!!!

Tina K Rogers said...

how much fun. i went to the game as well and hoping to wednesday. going to the game made me just realize how much i need a boy so i can be that momma that goes to watch him play football. i only hope ivy is atheletic like her daddy, cause if she's anything like me, she'll be on the sidelines from a far. i hope she plays tennis. one time lynn and i took ivy and madison in a shoe store.... least to say it was a nightmare. there was these younger guys in there and as i was leaving i told them, this should be the best form of birthcontrol right here. he he!

Shonna said...

You know we prefer football over basketball too, but I am sure you and Ben will be proud of J whichever sport he chooses...it could change several times between now and then anyway!!!

Tell Ben to have a safe trip back and we will see him next time:)

Heather said...

Isn't he a cutie stylin in those hats. He's got a long time to change his mind, so maybe he'll be liking some football soon.

Lynn Castleberry said...

As much as I love football, I would have to say that basketball is much more exciting to watch in person for me as well! So, I guess I agree with cutie! Ha! But I know what HUGE football fans yall are so I hope he enjoys that, too. But just in case, tell Ben to brush up on his basketball commentary! Hehe! LOL!

Julie said...

Coming from a basketball loving family, or any sport for that matter, I'm sure you'll be thrilled to watch him play a sport where you can cheer him on--anything BUT the band, right?!?!?! :) My boys and Jack might make a good team of basketball players one day......;)