Saturday, February 7, 2009

Happy Valentine's Day

Don't you just love it when people give you neat ideas? Last week, I saw some Valentines that Mindy Barton's sons Garrett and Grant made for all their friends. They were great and I was VERY impressed. They had put some candy in a clear bag and then using scrapbook supplies Mindy had they had made a label for each individual child. They were very cute and I thought it would be a neat idea to do for Jack's classmates at school.

Mine are not nearly as impressive largely due to fact that the boys are 10 and 7 and I'm almost 30, but I thought I would show them to you anyway:) I made some changes to mine. I started with these neat little books w/ CD that I found at the dollar store... (Michelle, you will be proud. I had a $5 coupon there:) ... for just a $1 each.
Then I got these sweethearts and taped them to the book.


Then I made each child their own label and viola - a Valentine. Here are a few of Jack's favorites.
The girls had to make do with mainly heart stickers. I didn't have a lot of girl scrapbook stuff!
Hudson had to get the "Roll Tide" one of course!!

Here are all the rest...


And some I haven't quite finished yet...

I know nobody will believe this, but we have looked at these so many times that Jack knows which child is getting each one. I'm starting to wonder how I'm going to get him to actually give the Valentines away. He likes to talk about who they belong to in theory, but I'm pretty sure he thinks they are all really his:) We still have to make Ms. Rita and Ms. Jessica some Valentines but we're pretty much ready. Can you tell we miss the holidays?! Thanks Garrett and Grant for a great idea!

Happy Valentine's Day to everyone just a little bit early!

13 comments:

Shonna said...

Very cute! Where are you finding the time to sneak all of these in?!?!?!

Lynn Castleberry said...

Ditto Shonna's comment about time! I bought cards from Wal-Mart and am taping a piece of candy in them. They did come with a pencil though! Ha! I am not crafty at all!! Very nice, mommy!

JMBMOMMY said...

These are soo cute.

Christy said...

Very cute! You have WAY too much time on your hands:)

Heather said...

Those are cute. I don't have enough time or creativeness for such.

Lori said...

Everyone remember that we do live with my parents right now, so I have some extra time:) But, I will say that Jack LOVES scrapbooking with mom. I give him his own stickers and he sticks them all over the house LOL!

The Wilson's said...

Cute, cute,cute!! I love the idea! You did a very good job on all of those.

Tina K Rogers said...

I'm impressed Lori! Never thought you had such a creative bone... i'm too lazy to go that far... Those are really cute though. I've actually wanted to start scrapbooking. I'd like to get w/ some girls who do that together. Do you do yours with a group? Just a fun girls night i think.

Unknown said...

Very neat! :) I'm glad someone else can be creative - or rather has the free time to do stuff like this. :D

BTW, the house pics are great! :) I always look to see what's going on when I pass by. Can't wait to see it finished!

The Clarks said...

What a cut idea! I'd sure like to get a Valentine that looks that nice!

Carrie said...

I am so jealous. Now that I have time on my hands, I will have to fill my days with fun stuff like that. Problem is, no kids.

See...remember (one of the million times) I mentioned that we should go in business together to create some kind of cool, crafty, life-altering service to busy moms (or anyone willing to pay!) Well, now's our chance. I am waiting...Like you said, if we can just keep our men working...IMAGINE the possiblities!:)

Lynn Castleberry said...

I agree about the pic in my header. They have the same smile in that pic, so she does look sort of like him. Hehe! She is still my girl though!

The Wilson's said...

Lori, I got the banner off of the cutest blog on the block and downloaded it to paint.net program and changed the wording, then saved it to my picture files and did add a gadget. It wasn't real easy and I just lucked up and got it right!!! You are probally more computer savvy than me!!