Monday, April 20, 2009

Easter - A Little Late...

So, the Foreman family has been on "GO" for about two weeks now, but we have enjoyed every minute of it. We have moved into the house (THANK THE LORD!!), had a birthday party, and celebrated Easter!


Jack was actually sick throughout Easter weekend so he missed the Easter Party at church and Easter Sunday. In spite of that, we were able to talk about the meaning of Easter with him and it was really neat to see him have some understanding of the awesomeness of that day! We also got the great idea of resurrection eggs from Shonna and he really enjoyed those a lot too.


I've decided to post about Easter first even though Jack didn't actually get to wear his outfit until yesterday. It worked out ok because he went up for his birthday yesterday at church and didn't he look handsome?!


If you look behind Jack and me in this picture, you will see grass. That's MY yard - it's not really pretty grass right now, but it's not dirt:)


Ben actually wore a suit last week because he did get to go to church on Easter, but he looks pretty handsome in this too! It's hard to make the man look bad:)


Jack wasn't really into taking a family picture, so this is the best we could do!


I hope that everyone had a wonderful Easter. I was really disappointed to miss Easter Sunday b/c that's normally my favorite service of the year. The season became more serious to me at times this year too, b/c the reality of the crucifixion was more real to me than ever before. But that just made Sunday more amazing!! I hope the power of Jesus' resurrection was very real to each of you well!

Here's a sneak peek of my next post. The carnival birthday bash...

11 comments:

Heather said...

He was a handsome little man. What a neast looking cake, I'll be checking back for more.

Heather said...

Sorry that was supposed to be neat not neast. LOL

Shonna said...

Jack IS so handsome and had the most precious expression on his face at church while everyone sang Happy Birthday to him (and Carrie and Lisa)!!!

Can't wait to see the birthday pics. BTW, I have some I will email to you.

The Wilson's said...

Jack is so handsome in his easter attire and he looks like a little man! He looks alot like his daddy to me. I am sorry to hear that he was sick easter but I am glad he made a full recovery!

Can't wait to hear about the birthday party and get to see what you have done to your house. That grass looks better than ours and we have lived her for 7 years!! We haven't had much luck for all the weeds.

JMBMOMMY said...

What a cute, cute outfit!!!!!

Kim Turman said...

Well, isn't he a handsome little man. I love his Easter outfit. He and Carrie looked so sweet together.

Lynn Castleberry said...

That outfit is ADORABLE!! He looks like a little man! Too precious for words. I hate that we missed the party. I also can't wait to see the pics. That cake is incredible. Who did it?

On a side note, how were you able to make your header picture so big? I have one of me and Madison at the zoo that I want to use but it was taken vertically instead of horizontally and won't fill up the box.

Kelly said...

I about fell out of my chair when I saw Jack in that little outfit with a bowtie! SERIOUS SERIOUS CUTENESS!!! John LOVES the picture of jack in the bama hat at the top of the page. he keeps saying, "that is awesome. really. that is awesome." those bama boys, what are we gonna do with them :)

Emily :) said...

I love the bowtie! Too cute! You looked very pretty too! That is so exciting that you are in your house. Can't wait to hear about the party. The cake looks fabulous. :)

Julie said...

What a terrific time we had at Jack's party You did an excellent job planning and preparing. ;)

Can't wait to see the house again--all dressed up with furniture and your special touch. So glad that you will be living close to us just like when we were little girls. :) Maybe Jack and John Parker/Sawyer will grow up to be best buds.

Can't wait for this weekend!

Karen said...

I saw this a few days ago, but for some reason the computer wouldn't let me post. *sigh* Anyway, Jack is ADORABLE in that bowtie. You know he will have to fight off the ladies one day. Can't wait to hear about the party and moving in. Hope all is well.