drove his tractor for a while....

played a little basketball...

and showed Bro. Barry how strong he is!

But afterwards, things weren't so lovely. After Jack pulled (and by pulled I mean TORE) his IV out and got blood ALL OVER me and him (I'll spare you any pictures of that), he....
slept with Mama ...

Isn't that pitiful?!
slept with Daddy...

then, he rolled over and slept with Daddy some more!

He was so tired and I thought we would never get to leave the hospital, but we finally did and he has done GREAT! No problems at all:)
Just two short days later, we decided to take a road trip to Houston. Decide is really not the right word. Ben actually has a school for a week and we can't stand to spend another whole week without him, so Jack and I loaded up to come too. We took the trip over two days and we have finally made it here.
We did stop in Gulfport, MS to visit the Children's Museum there. I wouldn't recommend making a special trip for it, but if you're going that way, it's worth the stop. Here are a few of the fun things Jack got to do...
showed us what an elephant does...

showed us how elephants ALWAYS beat up on tigers!!...

flew an airplane...

A big thanks to the Reeves family (especially the very talented and creative Shonna) for the cute, cute shirt J is sporting here!
flew another airplane...

played a little basketball...

made a new friend (Jack is STILL talking about the helicopter book they were looking at - we are going to try to find one tommorrow at Barnes and Noble - my FAVORITE store)...

got his picture made with Curious George (I don't think this is available every day)...

and captained a ship!

All in all, a pretty tiring day for my little man. There are also very cool tree houses outside to explore. So, we've had fun so far. Can't wait for the week. I'll update the blog as Jack and I get bored waiting on Ben to get out of "school" and as the grandparents all need a picture fix:)
I hope everyone had a very Happy Mother's Day! I hate that Ben and I couldn't be with our moms today. We missed them and I hope they both had wonderful days!! My Mother's Day was spent on the road, but I was with my favorite two guys so it was great!!
7 comments:
I love all the pictures of J, but my fav is the first one in his hospital gown and socks...too precious!!!
Glad y'all are making the most of the trip and having fun - be careful and we will see y'all soon:)
Oh, and HAPPY MOTHER'S DAY!!!
Poor baby!! :( Poor mommy too! Glad he is doing better! Looks like y'all had a good time at the museum. I love stuff like that.
Hope you enjoy your trip and your time with your boys!
I don't blame you a bit! Go with him as much as you can. This time in Jack's life is much too precious to spend away from his daddy when you can help it! I am glad he is feeling better and maybe this will be the last round for tubes!!! Happy Belated Mother's Day!
Bless his heart and yours too. Glad you all are having some fun after such a bad hospital day.
Happy Mothers Day a day late. I'm glad Jack is feeling better and hope yall have a wonderful time in TX!
Glad Jack did well with surgery and is feeling better! I love the pic of him driving the airplane, how cute!
Lori, the pic of you in bed with Jack is just too sweet for words. Such a precious kid!
Post a Comment