Wednesday, May 13, 2009

Rainforest Cafe

(The song you hear is "Big Fish" by FFH. I let Jack hear it on the way here and it is ALL we have gotten to listen to since then. Every time it goes off, he says "It went off, Mama. I wanna hear it again!" When we start to the vehicle, he says, "Gonna hear the 'Big Fish' song." I wanted all of you to get to enjoy it as much as we have. To get the FULL effect though, you must restart it about 100 times and then you will have an idea of the enjoyment:)

The Houston trip is going great!! We are having a blast and I cannot tell you all how much I have ENJOYED MY CHILD this week!!!!! He and I have been lazy together all week (poor Ben has to get up and go to school every day). Jack and I go on our "mini expeditions" every day to get out of the room for a few hours. Other than that, we sleep late, order room service, nap, swim, watch "Tigger and Pooh and a Musical Too" over and over and anything else that suits us at the time. It's been wonderful and I'm so glad that we came. It feels like an actual vacation!


At night, we do try to get out and about with Ben. Monday night, we went to the Rainforest Cafe. This is a place that we found our last trip without Jack and I cried b/c I knew how much he would enjoy it. It was our first stop this time and a lot of fun. The whole resturant looks like the Amazon jungle!



This is just so the grandparents know that we are feeding him some veggies while we're gone. I know they worry about the care he gets so far from them all - ha ha!


We do love a "go round" and train ride!!


Next up... Houston Zoo


and Downtown Aquarium


(For some really exciting news, visit the Fore Family's blog under my friends list!!)

11 comments:

Lynn Castleberry said...

So much fun! That is so awesome that you have been able to spend this time alone with Jack; I know it has been a loooonnnnnggggg time coming!! Miss you!

Tina K Rogers said...

Looks as if you are having fun. have you driven down to Kemah? There is a really cool boardwalk there along w/ Aquarium Resturaunt. I love the zoo there. We took Ivy a couple of christmases ago and she loved it.

Heather said...

What fun!!! Jack looks handsome in his swimming gear!!!

Julie said...

FUN!!! We may have to make a trip to Rainforest Cafe!! Looks awesome.

Glad that y'all are having some family time together and making some sweet, lasting memories. :)

The Wilson's said...

What great fun!!! Wish we were there with ya'll! I am glad you and Jack are having some fun and relaxation together.

Karen said...

Looks like yall are having a blast! Rainforest Cafe looks fun - the zoo too, but to be honest all I remember about my trip to the Houston zoo was that it was about 8000 degrees outside and we all had nearly passed out from heat stroke and dehydration by the time we left. Anyway, glad yall are having fun!

Carrie said...

It looks like you are having too much fun. I am SOO jealous. I wish you would hurry home. Me and Uncle Jay Jay miss y'all!!!!!

Emily :) said...

Fun, fun, fun!! So glad y'all are having this time together. Jack is one blessed little guy!

Kelly said...

Looks like ya'll are having a blast. Don't you just love those mini vacations! I have had zero time to read blogs, so I'm enjoying catching up with you guys (even if it is 10:30 at night and I'm absolutely exhausted :)

Shonna said...

I think we are going to plan to go with y'all next time you go to Houston!!! So glad you are having so much fun with the guys and I am loving the picture of Ben on the train ride!!

BTW, our trip was WONDERFUL:)...I'll fill you in later!

JMBMOMMY said...

fun~! Love Rainforest Cafe!