Tuesday, June 16, 2009

Life on the Farm

My husband walked outside the other day and said, "I think I'm going to like life on the farm." For those of you who have seen our house, it is far from a farm - more just a country house in need of a LOT of landscaping!! But for Ben who has always lived within the city limits, it's a farm. We did, however, get these pretty squash from our garden. There are lots of other things out there too that I wouldn't know much about. I'm not a garden girl or a veggie girl, but these
look nice on my dining room table!

So, here's to life on the farm! We are LOVING it!!!

6 comments:

Julie said...

Those look great and I'm sure it would taste divine as well--one of my FAVORITE veggies. :) Don't be alarmed if you see me out in your garden one HOT afternoon gathering up a stash for myself!!! ;)

Shonna said...

We have a sink full of squash right now that Jamey picked yesterday I can't stand the thought of them or anything else to eat for that matter!!! BUT when I am without a stomach virus I do L-O-V-E me some squash:)

BTW, tell Ben "welcome" to the country way of life!!!

Emily :) said...

This city girl totally understands! Our church planted a garden in our backyard and we have reaped the benefits. Sarah has embarrassed the mess out of me by asking church members how to snap peas and telling them I don't know how to cook them. :) I'm even growing an herb garden in my windowsill! Who knows, I may buy some cows soon. NOT!! Your vegetables do look stunning on your table. Hope y'all are enjoying your new home!

Karen said...

Lori, you are supposed to eat the veggies, not display them :) However, I'm with ya on the squash...bleh...very pretty, but I could do without it. Anyway, welcome to the country Ben! There is really nothing quite like it!

Heather said...

You sound like me Lori, not big on veggies (an occasional salad). It does make pretty decor.

Michelle said...

Lori, I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE your picture of Jack at the top!! It is SO vivid and just amazing!! I haven't been on in a while and just read your blogs!! Looks like you and Jack had a nice, lazy little vacation in Houston. How nice!! :) He is getting so big, as are ALL our children. I wish I could have nejoyed the beach with all of you guys. Maybe one day....