Wednesday, May 19, 2010

Remembering Thomas

I'm joining up with Jenilee at The Goodwin Family for Wednesday's Walk for the first time in a few weeks. Glad to be back walking down memory lane with everyone.
I have noticed a major shift in interests in the Foreman household over the last month. We are slowly, very slowly shifting away from our obsession with Thomas the Train and all his friends - gasp!! If you've been reading my blog very long, you understand the magnitude of this. We didn't just like Thomas - we LOVED Thomas!! We were Thomas groupies! We took him everywhere we went! We read only about Thomas! We didn't watch anything but Thomas!

And we still like him.... I mean, he's alright.... but we've realized that there could be cooler friends out there. Like Buzz Lightyear and Evil Emperor Zurg AND Lightning McQueen and Mater the Tow Truck AND (yes, to Mommy's horror) Blue - an annoying little dog with an even more annoying owner who leaves blue pawprints all over the place:)

So, while we still enjoy our Thomas push pedal and still have fun with our train table and LOVED our Thomas birthday party (even though Jack was a little under the weather), we don't watch him so much anymore and we don't read about him and we don't go to see him and the biggest change.... instead of taking our trains everywhere we go, we take our Cars and our Toy Story friends. Because of this drastic shift, I thought I would leave you with some of our best Thomas Memories... :)

The Thomas and the Train Conductor fall festival costume (made by my talented husband):


Thomas the Train 3rd Birthday Party with a fantastic cake by Gigi:



Thomas the Train push pedal car - compliments of Santa Claus:


The train table (that takes up MOST of the toy room):




Playing with all our "water friendly" trains last summer (Jack didn't ask for a train ONCE at the beach this year - we had to take them ALL every trip last year):


A little upset about not getting to ride on the blue Thomas train and having to ride in the passenger car Clarabel instead in North Carolina (where we drove SEVEN hours to see Thomas - told you we were groupies:):

Jack and Sir Topham Hatt at the Great Smokey Mountain Railroad in NC:


Thomas and Friends Live:


And one of my all time favorite pictures - Jack and his trains:

So many great memories, but sadly, Thomas was just in our lives for a season. We hate to see him go, but what some fantastic times we had!

19 comments:

Carrie said...

can not believe the phase may be ending...even more evidence that he is growing up...:( Love my
Jack Jack...

Linda said...

What adorable pictures of your little guy...and all of the Thomas the tank engine stuff. Yes...there are many stages in a child's life mom...time to move on! (:>)

Too cute!

Diana said...

*sigh* So sad to have to say goodbye to a favorite character, huh. Growing up can come so quickly.

Adorable photos of of your Jack... he pouts so sweetly.

Thank you for sharing with us! Love the photos.... especially the one with the armload of trains. :D

Diana said...

*sigh* So sad to have to say goodbye to a favorite character, huh. Growing up can come so quickly.

Adorable photos of of your Jack... he pouts so sweetly.

Thank you for sharing with us! Love the photos.... especially the one with the armload of trains. :D

Kim said...

That is so sweet! He really did have a big heart for Thomas. so great you could capture it all in one post! Hope you are enjoying your week!

Melanie Eccles said...

wow all of those photos are DEFINITELY evidence of "Thomas Loving Groupies." hee,hee! What a great little man you have and such great memories of this stage of his life.

I loved that we both had "Be Thou My Vision" as a part of our ceremonies. Thanks for your blessing of a comment on my wedding day. :D

Lynn Castleberry said...

It is sad! Even something small like that; a change in interests can make you realize just how fast they are growing up! I went to Madison's little graduation at GA this morning and I couldn't help but cry a little. My baby is in preschool!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I can't believe it!! God has blessed us so, and we just need to cherish every second!!!

Kimberly said...

It is alright. You are going to have photos to share with him and his train. We had the bulldozer from "Bob the Builder" that was really special to my son. He also had a special parking space for it.

jayayceeblog said...

Such great pictures and memories. It's kind of sad to realize they're growing out of something, though. The next step toward adulthood - leaving behind Thomas the Train!!!

Sara said...

Love your Thomas the train pics, your son is so adorable!! We are into Fisher Price Little people and play food right now.I am hoping for Thomas soon. My hubby loves trains!
Have a great day,
Sara

Jenilee said...

wow! what an amazing party! I love all the thomas stuff! :) it is funny when their interests shift to something new... it is happening around here too! thanks for linking up!

Jenners said...

If he is anything like my son, he will take a break and then come back to him every so often. It come and goes in cycles I found. : )

Alexis AKA MOM said...

Oh yes that is so our house but you have done and had better parties :)

We had that same train table it was huge I finally had to sale it :(

Amy @ Marvelous Mommy said...

Great pictures! I love the costume that your hubby made!! And I love the last pic of him with all his trains. lol Very cute.

PS I love the Sanctuary song! I didn't know Third Day sang that. I've only ever heard it in church.

Bibi @ Bibi's Culinary Journey said...

This brings so many wonderful memories. I went through Thomas stage twice.

Kristen Andrews said...

my son was never really that into Thomas but has a thing for superheroes but I am sure Jack won't ever stop LOVING Thomas, really cute pictures

Jami said...

Awww.. look at all those trains! If you only kept him for a season, you are the kind of mom I want to meet at a yard sale. (yours!) :)

~ Noelle said...

lol, how cute!
i want Broxton to get into Thomas... (my husband is a train conductor!)
LOVE the Thomas Outfit!!!!!

Hair Bows & Guitar Picks said...

OMG that is way to sweet!