Then we actually started to decorate it the following night. Y'all, I haven't put lights on a tree since I was about 16 years old and then I wasn't really in charge, but just doing what someone told me to do. Well, I learned a great lesson this year - I HATE PUTTING LIGHTS ON A CHRISTMAS TREE!!! I am a pre-lit tree kind of girl for sure!! We took the lights off and put them back on that tree about 15 times (and I'm not exaggerating) and I swept my floor more times that that. It's amazing the tree has any green left on there because I filled up my trash can about 3 or 4 times that night. What's even more amazing is that my Christmas tree is up and not laying beside the side of the road. I'm telling you, if I hadn't paid good money for it, that's where it would be. Two thousand lights later (yes, you read that right - 2000) and that part of the tree was done. It wasn't done well, but it was done!
I thought my husband and I were going to KILL each other trying to decorate that tree!! All the while Jack is happily running in circles like a crazy man oblivious to any difficulty around him. I've seriously got to learn to live in Jack's world - seriously!! We actually went out of town the following day and my mother came over and moved some decorations around for us and added a few to make it look better. She just texted me and said, "The tree doctor is in!" So, we did get the tree up. I'm pretty sure it's dead at this point so we just don't go near it. I'm going to share a few pictures while it's still somewhat green. I have a few pictures of some of my other nice, easy, pre-lit trees. I didn't take one of my dining room tree. Ben put it up and decorated it for me and I wasn't all that pleased with it. However, since we had just barely decided to stay married after decorating the other tree, I let it go:)
Here she is - my first (and VERY likely LAST) real tree:







So, we survived our first real tree - somehow:) We are having Christmas on Saturday around here since Ben leaves on Tuesday to go back to work - it's sad, I know! We have quite a weekend planned... Yogi Bear in 3D and some last minute shopping tomorrow; Santa Saturday morning; lunch with Granny San and Grandaddy; dinner with Nana, CeCe, Papa, Uncle John, Jen, and Brannon; Christmas services at church on Sunday along with our children's musical. CANNOT WAIT!! Look what all we would have missed out on if there had actually been fatalities in our war! Merry Christmas!

And some of my favorite ornaments this year:
Jack has made several ornaments this year in school and at church, but this is my favorite. One of his therapists from the school board that comes to the daycare twice a week helped him make this snowman ornament with his fingers... I love it! Thanks, Ms. Candy!
Jack's Alabama tree:
And Ben and I even have one in our room this year:
So, we survived our first real tree - somehow:) We are having Christmas on Saturday around here since Ben leaves on Tuesday to go back to work - it's sad, I know! We have quite a weekend planned... Yogi Bear in 3D and some last minute shopping tomorrow; Santa Saturday morning; lunch with Granny San and Grandaddy; dinner with Nana, CeCe, Papa, Uncle John, Jen, and Brannon; Christmas services at church on Sunday along with our children's musical. CANNOT WAIT!! Look what all we would have missed out on if there had actually been fatalities in our war! Merry Christmas!
8 comments:
First, I am so jealous of all your beautiful trees. Just sayin'. Second, I am so thankful your marriage survived. I think this is the first year I've really realized just how different men and women are when it comes to these things. As in, they could care less. :)
I think your tree is pretty. See my post on Emily's blog about how I feel about real trees. (I forgot to add in that post that real trees are a fire hazard.) But happy everyone survived!!
BTW - all you real tree people - yall are remembering to water them, right? Just checking...
haha...Oh that was a funny post! Next year, bi-pass wrestling a real tree, and stick with what ya know :) Hope ya'll have an amazing Christmas!
What a beautiful REAL tree! I love it BUT 2,000 lights...WOW. Sounds like it's very bright :) I can not imagine ever using a fake tree again. I love the smell and I don't mind the needles. I water mine every morning and I also use a preservative for the tree which slows the falling of needles a lot. All of your trees are very nice! Merry Christmas :)
The tree looks fabulous, all three of the do. You are my kind of girl, I love a lot of lights. I also like putting them up, give me a call next year ;).
That big red and green bow is fabulous! Love it! I'm laughing at the "it's dead so we just stay away from it" comment about your tree. That's a riot! And I love your blog header....and Christmas card? That is just really awesome. Hope ya'll have a great week with your family and all your fun plans.
I could not agree more about a real tree. Never had one and don't want one!!! I will stick to my fake, pre-lit one. Love your ornaments. I stick all of Madison's handmade ones on every year. I love them!!
That tree is spectacular! You put a whole lot more lights on that we did!!! This is the first year since 1998 that we've had a real tree and I have to say I love the way it makes the house smell. And Jack's Bama tree is awesome!
Post a Comment