Friday, January 14, 2011

I Know She Loves Me....

...because she gave me a "Stylish Blogger Award." That's right - laugh it up:) My sweet, funny, beautiful, caring, cool, STYLISH friend Emily at Speaking the Truth in Love and Laughter gave me a blog award and I'm just over the moon!! She really is full of style and wit and I really enjoyed reading her seven interesting things about herself so I'm going to play along too. I've shared so many weird things about myself so far on this blog, but with me, there's always more to share so here goes! :)

1. I have some really bizarre eating habits. Like, I prefer white foods; I don't eat meat unless it's cooked away from the bone; I have to eat salad using my hands a lot b/c there are only certain sections of lettuce I eat; I only eat one vegtable (lettuce); I don't eat sweets (often) and I don't eat ice cream at all; I have some texture issues with food... and on and on...

2. I don't like parades. My friends get so excited about taking their children to our Christmas parade in town, but we never go. I just don't get it... People ride by slowly and throw candy and wave. I see no fun or amusement in that, but I get that it's me cause everyone else loves it. I also do not care for tree lightings or anything where you just go stand and watch someone turn lights on or drive a car by you slowly - nothing in that family. My poor child will miss out on all that:(

3. I have discovered twitter and I gotta tell you, it was a sad day. It is almost sinful how happy I am to have found it - really! I never tweet and I only follow Alabama sports people; ESPN employees; and former or current Bama football players. I think the fact that these are the only people I follow could be a "weirdness" all its own, but I think we've established on this blog that I love Alabama football to a degree that hinges on unhealthy:)

4. I get far too excited to read Nelson DeMille's newsletter every month. If you don't know who this is and you're a reader, I would suggest starting with "Plum Island" and going from there. He's my favorite author - and honestly, it's just not right how happy I am when I get the monthly newsletter. He only releases a book every 18-24 months so it's not even worth discussing how excited I get when those come out:)

5. I greatly miss 35 mm film. I miss going to pick up my pictures and not having a clue how they turned out. And yes, I know that it still exists and technically, I could still use it, but who does that??. I guess it could be considered odd that I won't use it now simply b/c nobody does:)

6. I want very badly to be a crafty person. I am surronded by artsy, crafty people and I want to be that gal. Sadly, I'm just not!

7. I don't consider buying books to be spending money - I'm told this is odd:)

Emily, I enjoyed it... I'm not going to pass this along to anyone b/c I'm short on time. I will tell all of you that reading Emily's post and all the people she tagged showed me that I think I need a great blog name. Mine is very boring after reading all the others. I'm open to any suggestions for those of you who have been reading my blog for a while. Thanks!!

5 comments:

Emily :) said...

I do love you! Thanks for playing! I have GOT to read some Nelson DeMille books. I am pretty sure Jack will have plenty of other activities in his life to make up for parades and tree lightings. :)

Beth said...

Yay Lori! How fun! I'm glad somebody besides me still blogs! I love it! And I get so much encouragement and ideas from other blogs that I find!

Together We Save said...

Congrats on your award!! I am off to read your previous post. I was curious if you would pull for Auburn.

nuts said...

I tweet too and follow only people worth to be followed.. =)

Jenners said...

I'm a big DeMille fan too -- particularly of the John Corey books. It was so great to have "The Lion" this past year as I know it will be a long wait for the next one.