First, I thought I would show you how my linguine with crab and BBQ shrimp turned out.
My husband declared the meal a "success" so I'm going to share my recipes with you.
Linguine with Crab, Radicchio & Garlic
Recipe from Mario Batali
2 tablespoons salt
1 lb. linguine
1/4 c. extra virgin olive oil
3 shallots, finely chopped
4 cloves garlic, thinly sliced
1 cup dry white wine
2 tablespoons unsalted butter
1/2 lb. fresh crabmeat
2 head radicchio, shredded
2 scallions, thinly sliced
1. Cook and drain pasta until just al dente, reserving a little pasta water.
2. In a saute pan, heat the oil until smoking. Add the shallots, garlic and red pepper.
Saute until golden brown, about 4-5 minutes. Add the wine and bring to a boil.
Add the butter and remove from heat.
3. Add the drained pasta to the pan with the wine mixture and return pan to heat.
Add crab, radicchio, and scallions, and toss until radicchio is wilted, about 1 minute.
Add a little reserved pasta water, if necessary, to thin the sauce.
**I left out the radicchio b/c my family is not a fan and you can substitute chicken stock for the wine.
BBQ Shrimp
Recipe from Taste of the South
1/2 cup BBQ seasoning (divided)
36 medium shrimp
1/2 cup melted butter (divided)
3 tablespoons olive oil
Lemon wedges
Fresh parsley (chopped)
1 recipe Lemon Aioli
1. Reserve 2 tablespoons BBQ seasoning. Pat shrimp dry, then dust with remaining BBQ seasoning. Refrigerate for 1 hour.
2. In a cast iron skillet, heat 1/4 cup butter and olive oil over med-high heat. Add shrimp; cook for 2-3 minutes per side, or until cooked through. Remove to a serving platter.
3. In a small bowl, combine remaining 1/4 cup butter and reserved 2 tablespoons BBQ seasoning. Brush mixture over shrimp.
4. Garnish with lemon wedges and parsley. Serve with Lemon Aioli.
Lemon Aioli:
1 cup mayo
2 teaspoons lemon zest
2 1/2 tablespoons lemon juice
1 pinch cayenne pepper
salt to taste
Mix together and refrigerate until ready to serve.
**I didn't use a cast iron skillet but I think the shrimp would have turned out better if I had.
One of my FAVORITE Christmas gifts this year was from Ben's Uncle John and his fiance, Jen. They gave me a "Write It" plate - a plate with a pretty ribbon that you can use like a dry erase board. I have had T.H.E. M.O.S.T. F.U.N. decorating it in my kitchen.
First, it looked like this.....
After Christmas and for the bowl game, it changed to this.....
After the Bama game and before the National Championship game, it changed just a tad....
:-D
And tonight, it changed to this.....
It really is unreal how much fun I've had with this new "toy!" Thanks, John and Jen!!
9 comments:
Thanks for the recipes. I'm learning to cook, and think I'll try these.
I do have a question. What does al dente mean?
First off, LOVE the new banner picture.. you have a BEAUTIFUL family. Second, THAT. PLATE. IS. AWESOME! And so is your elephant! If I had to draw a MSU Bulldog... well, I would just have to skip it and go with some simpler dog paws! lol
definitely going to try that meal. a quick meal i do with shrimp is... there is a shrimp scampi sauce by mccormick at winn dixie. I get it along with shrimp and angel hair pasta. super easy just follow recipe on bottle. takes less than 10 min. to cook. shrimp preparation may take longer. can't wait to try this out!
Too bad no one in my household eats shrimp but me!!!
And that is a really neat gift! I love it.
looks yummy
what an AWESOME little toy. I love it!! And you are quite the artist!
Looks delicious! Thanks for sharing :)
I like your banner picture as well. Your seafood meal sounds delicious!
Love the new picture! And I love the plate. I want a chalkboard in my kitchen for just that kind of thing! {minus the elephant!}
Post a Comment