For a while, I've realized that our blog needed a name other than The Foreman Family, but it was just something I never got around to changing. Finally, I have decided to rename our blog. My blog is basically centered around our family, our home, and the every day things going on in our lives - you know, just parenting, what we do every day, the wanderings in my head...
{I'm kind of surprised you guys read it honestly :D}
...and a few other things from time to time - like my walk with Christ, parenting a child with asperger's syndrome, and (extremely cute, if a do say so myself) pictures of Jack B.
So, I decided to name our blog after one of my favorite books. I'm a book girl and this book is the first in a series that I've read several times. Every time I read it, I think, that's somewhere I would love to be - somewhere I would love to live - people I would love to know. And that's what I think of when I think of my home too - I love to be there, I love to live there, and I sure love the people there.
In conclusion, The Foreman Family blog is now "At Home on Brooklyn" (that's our road name by the way). And, I'll send the first person to guess the book the blog is named after a little goodie in the mail!! Happy guessing!!
10 comments:
Love it Lori!!
Catchy name! I like it.
Gee, now I wish I were more of a reader. Not a clue. :(
Good blog title. Couple of possible books: Chasing Brooklyn, Brooklyn Story, or Last Exit to Brooklyn.
I can't guess the book, but I have lots of fond memories of growing up on Brooklyn Road!
Love the name and you know what I love your blog
I like the change! I always like to know how a blog gets a name when it is not obvious. Great choice.
"At Home In Mitford" of course. :)
Love the new title - it fits.
I knew Karen would get it! :)
Love the new name. You have a beautiful home and I know that you have made it a special place for your family friends. I felt totally at home their myself. :)
Love the name!! I didn't know you blogged either! I just started and I haven't really figured it all out yet! lol You blog is great!
Hi! I like the new title! I just started reading you recently, and I see here that your son has asperger's. First of all, do you watch Parenthood? The kid on there has it and they talk a lot about it. Also, I am having my son tested for the full scheme of syndrome's and whatnot. Not sure yet what the doctor will come up with, but I know ADHD will be in there and his OT has said that medication is in our near future. I'm not excited about that. So, as a new reader, I would love to hear about your thoughts about parenting a child with special needs and what you learn about it all as you go. Since my son's main "issue" is above average IQ and being a very quick learner (as well as too quick on everything - talking, moving, questioning, etc.), which sound like they would be good things but not in school systems where they don't really know how to teach to the above average kids, especially in elementary school. That said, my point is I would love to hear more about your thoughts and input on this. I will also go back through your blog and see what you've written on it all.
Post a Comment