Thursday, February 10, 2011

"Will You Please" Be Mine?

This title is a tribute to my son, who for the first time in his short life has shown at least a little desire to use good manners. YAY!! I've always tried very hard to teach Jack good manners, but with the exception of "thank you" (which he's always used a lot), he has just had NO TIME to be bothered with it. But somehow, someway, lately, everything is "Will you please...?" and it's really nice. Granted, sometimes is sounds like "WILL YOU PLEASE....?" but still... :-)

So, Jack only attends school part time now (Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday) which has been a heavenly change for us all. We took his class their Valentines today since he won't be back again until after Valentine's Day.

I got the idea from a guest post over at Tatertots and Jello by Kalleen over At Second Street. I really hate to even link it up b/c hers are so much cuter than ours, but gotta give credit where credit is due:) I just hate to get all that candy and small toys at my house and Jack LOVES these Hawaiian punch pouches so I thought this was a cute idea. Yep, we gave kids water for Valentine's Day - who thinks our Valentines are gonna be the favorites???? ha ha ha



I stole an idea from another blog for our teacher gifts, but we didn't get around to them last night. We'll make them for our church teachers. Sweet Ms. Katrina and Ms. Candy got a piece of chocolate pound cake instead, but they shouldn't complain. I mean, with us, it could've been water... :-)

6 comments:

Shonna said...

So glad I'm a "church teacher"...can't wait!! And I am very curious as to if you get any feedback from the kids in Jack's class about their Valentine's. Please share if you do:)

Together We Save said...

Oh wow - this is a great idea.

DuBose Family said...

Cute, cute, cute! Love these!

Karen said...

Cute! And water is healthy!! I'm sure the parents appreciate you not giving their kids a sugar high. :)

Kyetra said...

These are adorable! I SO wish I had seen these before I got gifts for my son's class. I think that I may have to alter these to work for St. Patty's Day. ;0

Gail@Sophisticated Steps said...

I think the water idea is great! I was asked to bring in "treats" for my kids' classes. I don't think the kids need any more candy (puh-leeze!)...so they got sports erasers and stickers.

But the water is way cuter! :)