I mentioned in my last post that I had decided that I should be thankful for our impromptu and forced vacation to Houston (my husband is working). So, in pressing towards thankfulness, I'm going to list all the whatnots floating around in my mind this week of why Houston is a great place to visit.
Whatnots I'm Thankful For In Houston:
- a hotel with room service that serves Starbucks iced lattes right to my door
- Papa John's pizza (and delivery)
- Disney on Ice: Toy Story 3 (a delightful surprise) Ben is just beside himself; work all day and Toy Story at night - all the things a man loves:)
- Schlotzsky's Deli (one of two that I can find still open anywhere)
- The Duck
- Barnes and Noble right down the road
- a child who LOVES to sit in a hotel room all day "working" on his Handy Manny and Cars computers
- time to sit in a hotel room all day and do nothing but read (I'm on the third book of the week now:)
- independent movies (that Ben would NEVER watch with me) for rent right in my hotel room
- Taste of Texas (and the best steak you've ever tasted)
- Jamba Juice
- a ten minute drive to J. Crew
- a ten minute drive to a mall with a train ride in it
- three Starbucks within 5 miles of the hotel... did I mention room service will DELIVER my lattes????
So, how's that for being thankful for this vacation?? `And yes, I do realize that about 90% of those things had to do with food, but let's face it - eating is pretty much my hobby. I have a list of things I'm not thankful for too, but y'all know I'm not a complainer:)
Now, head over the The Wonderful Happens and get your whatnot on too!

10 comments:
You had me at latte delivery! Houston sounds amazing!
that actually sounds so relaxing!
There was a scholtskys deli right by our apartment in Savannah--yum! There's also one here in bham! :D
okay, my favorite part of this is that your husband is excited about toy story on ice! or, was that sarcasm that i totally missed??
I'm jealous! That is all. :)
I'm all about being thankful for food too :)
I LOVE schlotzskys! SO delicious!
What have you been reading?? Do share!
Starbucks delivered to your hotel room? I'd never leave! They'd have to remove me by force! :)
That's an impressive list of What Not's I'd certainly like a piece of..!! Enjoy:)
What are you reading?? Don't leave out important details like that! :)
How did you manage to leave??? I am so jealous that your son will spend all day "working" and let you read and watch independent movies. My kids would be torturing me the entire time asking what was next. And Starbucks to your door? Enough said!
Oh, we just got a new Schlotzsky's about 2 miles down the street. I'm so happy about that! I've missed it so.
Post a Comment