I feel like everyone has graduation stories these days - preschool graduation; kindergarten graduation; high school graduation - all my friends have a child graduating from something. Thankfully, I don't have one of those but there is someone very special to our family that is graduating from high school on Thursday. "Mr. Justin" is a teenager from our church that several years ago forged a close relationship with Jack. They really bonded over their dislike of each other's football teams (Alabama v. Auburn) and the friendship just grew from there. Justin is a great guy who continues to take up a lot of time with Jack. Being the cool guy he is, Jack loves all the time they spend together. There was a pretty long period of time when the only way we could get Jack to attend church was to promise him that Mr. Justin was going to be there. This may seem like a small thing to all of you, but most of you know that Jack is a unique guy in a lot of ways. There is no way to really put into words how much it meant to me that Justin took the time to be such a great friend to my child. I see so many wonderful characteristics in this young man and it is really great to watch him become the person God created him to be! We are also selfishly excited that he's sticking around home for a few more years to attend college close by. Jack is very excited!! :) Justin's mom (a fantastic photographer, Tammy Holt) took a few pictures of him and Jack at our graduation cookout at church last night. She's even putting one in the yearbook (which I think is pretty cool).



The Foremans just feel very blessed to have Justin in our lives and we are really excited for this great accomplishment and to see where God leads him now. You will have to excuse the orange and blue in all the pictures. Everybody has to have a fault and unfortunately, Justin's is being a huge Auburn fan (tragic, I know). We even got him an Auburn framed print from the National Championship for graduation. I have NEVER, EVER spent money on anything Auburn. I don't even love MY friends enough for that. But apparently, when you love on my kid, I'll do things that were unthinkable just a few years ago. I did also buy a $2.00 "I'm a Nick Chick" pin to try and even things out a little bit:) Congratulations to Justin - one of Jack's favorite people!
3 comments:
Happy graduation and congratulations to Mr Justin! He sounds like a wonderful young man :)
Love this! So great to hear about young people like this. And yes, I totally just said, "young people". Okay. I'm old.
What a sweet friend to Jack! Those kinds of things are just priceless!
Post a Comment