Wednesday, May 18, 2011

Whatnot Wednesday

EveryDaytheWonderfulHappens
- I got my new (free) phone from AT&T and honestly, it's been a brighter spot in my week than I feel comfortable admitting. In better news, it didn't take me as long to figure out how to place a call than I thought it would have. The rest will come, I'm sure... about the time I need to get another new phone.

- Mickey D's Sweet Tea = FANTASTIC!! I normally drink way too many iced lattes and Diet Cokes, but another liquid weakness is McDonald's large sweet tea on the $1 menu. I consider this a much healthier choice for me since it contains water:) It comes in this huge styrafoam cup that will keep your ice cold forever - it's marvelous. I have actually been to some McDonalds in other towns that didn't have them - such a disgrace!! I wouldn't even spend my $ there, I was so disgusted. They missed out on my $1.00. That's right - I showed 'em!

- Speaking of iced lattes, I rarely see other people drinking them. That probably has more to do with the fact that I live in a very small town with one small coffee shop (that is great and I am eternally grateful for; I consider the owners and operators personal friends considering I spend about as much time with them as I do my family:) than the fact that they are just not a popular choice. Regardless, I was so surprised to see the main character on a show I started watching drink them all the time. The show is "Weeds" and I find it very funny but I should warn you that it's a horrible, awful, very "adult" show so I'm not recommending it, I'm just saying the chick on there really loves iced lattes.

- The NBA playoffs have been a fantastic diversion for me the last few weeks. We are always sports crazy around here but we are normal pulling for the same team. Not now - Ben is pulling for Miami Heat and I was pulling for the Boston Celtics. The Heat beat the Celtics so now it's personal and I'm pulling for the Bulls and the Mavericks and I'll wait to decide between them until they play each other. Did you follow all that? You would think that things would be crazier when we pull against each other since things are SO crazy when we jointly cheer for a team. Surprisingly though, I think rooting for opposite teams somehow calms us a little. Or it could just be that it's not the Crimson Tide playing - yeah, that's probably the calming factor:)

- We took Jack to Red Lobster a few weeks ago - his FAVORITE restaurant. He ate two adult portions of shrimp scampi, an adult portion of scallops, two cheese biscuits, french fries, and three slices of tomato. After the meal, he promptly vomited beside the car and then calmly informed us, "I think I just ate a little too fast."

- If you are my friend on facebook, then you have probably already noted that Jack is a bowtie kind of dude. The kid can just rock a bowtie! My husband wasn't a huge fan, but the fact that Julio Jones wears one too helped him come around a little. The other day, Dwight Howard was wearing one during his press conference and I think I've finally convinced him that real men wear bowties! :) Even Dave the Giraffe sports one every now and again.

Jump over to The Wonderful Happens and tell us what's on your mind.

6 comments:

everythingismeowsome said...

I LOVE iced lattes! Love them! It's good to know if I ever end up back home, that I'd be able to get them somewhere.
As for McDonalds tea, I haven't had it, but one summer here they were doing any large drink for $1, and I would get a Coke Every.Day. I love their styrafoam cups!!!!!

everythingismeowsome said...

Oh wait, how could I forget about the vomiting thing?? That is hysterical! And disgusting!!!!!

Gail@Sophisticated Steps said...

I've heard about McD's sweet teas, but never had them. Not that I care about calories...but I wonder how many one has?!

As for little Jack...oh poor, sweet thing. I should've known that was coming after reading how much he ate. Oh my! His reaction - priceless.

Sophisticated Steps

P.S. I like my lattes hot...yet I always seem to drink them cold. (It's called 3 kids = distractions = mommy never gets a hot meal.)

Cindi Dailey said...

Love love love lattes, hot or cold! Its sad, but they know my order at Starbucks drive thru just by seeing my car :p

Tara Harden said...

If you like Lattes and McDonalds, I would assume you have tried their frappes??? They are dangerous. Caramel is my fav. They are so so good. It's not good for me to have a McDonald's so close to our house....

Beth said...

I (WE, L-O-V-E the McDonalds $1 sweet tea! And tcups are o-mazing! You can save the cup and tehn go fill it up at the Gitty-up-n-Go for $.75! Can't beat that! WE are regulars to McDonalds drive-thru for $1 sweet teas! My children could swim in it! I'm not sure how good it is for my waistline? Cause I know it's got to have at least 2 cups of sugar per cup!!! (btw, Sonic sweet tea is pretty darn good too:)