I went on a trip this weekend.
A girl's weekend.
We didn't go anywhere special this year.
We didn't do anything special this year.
All we needed was food, coffee, and beds.
Honestly, the beds were optional.
Because there was very little sleep.
The food, of course, was not optional.
We talked.
We laughed.
We cried.
I loved it. I enjoyed it. I needed it.
It was refreshing for my soul.
I know God gave me these two ladies.
They are two of my most favorite people.
I can talk to them for hours and then talk to them for more hours.
And it isn't just talking.
It is something that renews me, refreshes me, revives me, and reminds me.
Reminds me of God's faithfulness to provide us with what we need.
Like friends who understand us.
Care about us.
Pray for us.
Love us.
I am so thankful for these two beautiful ladies.
So thankful that I will write a mushy friendship post JUST for them!! And because they know me, they'll know that's love:) Thank God for girls' weekends, but more than that, thank God for the PERFECT girls to spend them with!!

8 comments:
That sounds heavenly! So glad you got that time away before school starts.
That's precious Lori! I would L-O-V-E a get-away with special friends!
AW I love this!! Girl time is just the best..and I think it is so important! Sounds like you have some wonderful friends
awww...I'll be mushy too and send you a blogger hug (()). Had an awesome time and I've decided that these weekends are absoloutely necessary!
Aw... I do appreciate such a mushy post. :) It was truly an awesome weekend and absolutely NECESSARY! Can't wait to see y'all again!
I love that you had a Girl's weekend. I am going on one this weekend. A scrapbooking weekend. I plan to craft and talk and eat and just vege out. Sometimes you just need that.
Oh! I have missed your blog and am glad I am back! I love your happiness for the awesome things in life!
yes! i totally just had a girl's night out this past weekend and it was AMAZING and so refreshing.
new follower, please stop on by:
http://penelopeblue.blogspot.com/
Post a Comment