Wednesday, August 24, 2011

Whatnot Wednesday

EveryDaytheWonderfulHappens

I didn't blog much last week because I spent every free minute reading the Twilight Series and watching the movies. Everyone was right - it's really great. For the record, I'm Team Edward, but I really like Jacob too. However, when I watched the movies, I just wanted Edward and Jacob to dump Bella and find a different girl. I loved Bella in the books but found her extremely irritating and NOT AT ALL a good representation of the book Bella in the movies. It's disturbing how much I disliked her. Anyway, not much blogging, but obviously, time well spent.

Ben and I went to New Orleans yesterday for the night. We told Jack we would bring him back a surprise. We bought him a book of the 100 Greatest Movies. There's a poster of each movie in the book. I had to get a store employee to help me find it and I still don't think they understand why I was buying that for a four year old. It went over like gangbusters with Jack, though.

I'm currently reading Mountains Beyond Mountains by Tracy Kidder. It's a book about the quest of Dr. Paul Farmer. The book is phenomenal. Dr. Farmer spends much of his life in Haiti. The author was talking about some fruit and was calling it by it's common Haitian name. One of the fruits was soursap. I took great pride in the fact that I not only know what that fruit looks like, but also what it tastes like.

Jack has been loving preschool. I'm over the moon about it!! He still doesn't like to talk about his day much though. My mom picked him up one day last week. She was asking him about his day and really pressing him to tell her what he did at school. Jack finally said, "Granny, I want to talk about nothing."

Jack has also started enjoying talking on the phone. He will call me sometimes from my parents' house and leave me messages. They normally sound something like this, "Hello? Hello? Hellllloooo? They didn't answer. Mom? Hello? She didn't answer." You get the idea. The other day I was listening to one of these messages which always make me smile and in the midst of the "hellos" and "she didn't answers" he just said, "Roll Tide." Just out of the blue - I loved it so much.

My birthday was last week. Ben and Jack got me a Falcons t-shirt (Julio Jones got drafted by the Falcons so we are BIG fans of them this year) and houndstooth TOMS - all just in time for football season. It was a great birthday.

Like I said, we went to New Orleans last night. We stay right next to Bourbon Street sometimes and this was one of those trips. I got in the room and it was like I had taken sleeping pills. I couldn't keep my eyes open. We ordered room service and a movie in the room. Right beside Bourbon Street - oh yeah, we are TONS of fun!! :)

For even more fun, head over to The Wonderful Happens and join us for Whatnot Wednesday... you have about three minutes of Wednesday left.





7 comments:

everythingismeowsome said...

I am SO with you on not liking Bella in the movies!!!! She was my least favorite character. I'm thinking of re-reading the series or at least the last 2 books in preparation for Breaking Dawn to come out this fall, but it's almost scary how into it I get. SCARY AWESOME.

And I've got to get me some more TOMS. I know you must be thrilled about those Houndstooth ones.

Emily :) said...

I have not read Twilight, but I absolutely felt the same way about Bella!!

Kate is the same way about school, sometimes she just doesn't want to talk about it. But instead of saying that she makes this grunting sounds that makes me wonder if my child is part ape. :)

So glad you had a great birthday and got presents that were just what you want. You deserve it!!

Karen said...

I'm thrilled that Jack likes school! Love the answering machine messages :)
I'm afraid to read Twilight b/c I'm afraid I'll (a) get addicted and not be able to do anything until I've read them all (b) really hate it and feel bad that I've wasted time I could be reading something else. :)

Lauran said...

Happy late birthday! Glad you had a good one! Room Service and a movie next to Bourbon street sounds like something Richard and I would do! lol!

Christi said...

Like the new blog design! Bella wasn't my favorite in the movies either. I watched the last one on imax and there's nothing like watching them battle in the meadow all sparkly like on that huge screen!! They have a big party up here at the McWane Center and I went- even had a vampire bite painted on my neck and glitter dust painted all over me. It was ridiculous and a ton of fun!!

Christine @ 12,450miles said...

I loved loved loved the Twilight Series... in book form. I am scared to watch the movies since no one has said they like Bella! Huh. Maybe I should just skip them???

Shoshanah said...

I'm with you on Kristen Stewart. I don't mind her that much in the movies, but I hate the way she seems to act in interviews or real life. She just doesn't seem like that nice of a person. But even with her I still love the Twilight movies and can't wait for Breaking Dawn in November!