I mentioned last week that I had finished the Twilight series... and before that the Harry Potter series. Now I've moved right on to the Percy Jackson series. I guess one day I'll get back to adult literature. We are headed back to Disney World in November and we found out that it was going to be Harry Potter weekend at Universal Studios that weekend. Needless to say, we are going down a day early now to visit Universal. You will be able to find me enjoying a butterbeer with Harry, Ron and Hermoine at Hogwarts. I'm so super excited:)
We spent the weekend at the beach. It was so nice - sort of a mini vacation for us. We rode go carts, went to stores, ate good food, played on playgrounds, swam in the pool, spent the day at the beach and throughout all of that, Jack's favorite part of the trip was finding a small giraffe at Harry T's. Can you see him? Sitting in front of our Dave? His name is, of course, Plastic Dave.
Because I'm a super crafty mom {dripping with sarcasm} and because past experience tells us that giving Jack's teachers lots of gifts isn't a bad idea {not that there would EVER be any BEHAVIOR issues}, I decided to make this cute and easy wreath from crayons for Mrs. Helen. We also made a red, wooden title that says, "Mrs. Helen's Little Friends." Jack thought it was pretty cool too - He said it was two color rainbows put together. And it is that... or a circle.
College football starts this Saturday. I already feel the crazy creeping up on me. I'm trying to fight it a little bit this year but I it's really pointless. I will submit to it eventually - almost assuredly by this Saturday at noon.
I've fallen head over heels in love with pinterest. I had to finally just request an invite because I couldn't get a friend to invite me. Anyway, I have TONS of Fall decorations pinned. Assuming I ever get around to replicating them in my house, we may not be able to walk around, but there will be some really cute pumpkins everywhere. On the other hand, I may just print a picture of my Fall board and hang it up.
Head over to The Wonderful Happens and tell us all the things going on in your rambling whatnots right now. And if you know any good children or teen book series, let me know. I'm going to need something to read when I finish Percy Jackson.... :)



4 comments:
I am the last person I know not to be on Pinterest!!! I don't know if I can handle another time suck online though.
I also love that Jack called the wreath 2 rainbows as opposed to a circle.
Love the wreath - too cute! :) You know Ted Dekker has a teen series - might be a little weird though, or simply a repeat of all his works - with him you never know :/
Love the wreath for the teacher, it never hurts to butter them up a little bit(I'm a teacher, I should know)! I am so in love with pinterest. Have a great football weekend.
Other good YA series I'm sure you'd love are The Hunger Games (don't let the basic idea turn you off. Once you start them I'm sure you fall in love) and Cassandra Clare's Mortal Instruments. Those are the two big ones. both of which are being turned into movie, and I'm sure you'll love them both!
Post a Comment