We went back to Disney World for the second time this year last week. Jack thrived so well there when we went in February so we decided to go again while we can go during school days. We loved it and I mean LOVED it. We are just a Disney kind of family. We are the people that stayed for five days and could have easily stayed five more. I don't understand people who go and say it's difficult and don't want to immediately go back. I wouldn't go in the summer, but other than that, I'm in for ANY trip. We thought we had gone the best week (and it was a really good week to go), but an employee told us that actually January 1st-5th is the best week to go as far as crowds. I was ready to book a trip. Ben talked me out of it, but you get it. We love Disney. We went with our friends, the Fore family and the Bulger family. I would never say that they were lightweights and had to go "rest" a couple of days, but..... :) The only time we left during the day was the last day and we took a break to watch the Alabama basketball game. We do love Disney, but we didn't let it get our priorities out of whack - we would never miss a Bama game:) Anyway, here are some of the fantastically fun and wonderful things we did while we were there.
Acted the fool waiting to ride the Buzz Lightyear ride and then rode Buzz Lightyear in 3D:
It was a little sad that Jack was not really into the Toy Story and Cars stuff this year. He still enjoyed the characters, but he has definitely moved along to Pirate Mania. In just six short months, he's grown up so much.
We picked up this cheetah at Animal Kingdom:
We got a very talented guy to draw a picture of our very own Captain Jack Sparrow:
Forget a cheetah; Jack decided to be Scar from The Lion King instead. He does love a villian. Sweet Piper still loved on him with his mean self, though.
We rode Big Thunder Mountain Railroad a GAZILLION times:
Took the mandatory picture in front of the castle:
Spent a LOT of time around the Pirates of the Caribbean ride and their store full of pirate goodies:
Told lots of secrets - most of which included the word "poop":
Ate a lot of good food and took a group picture at the Tusker House restaurant:
Gave out lots of good sugar:
Took a safari ride:
Looked really cute for pictures:
Then let our true colors come out and shot people with our pirate gun when they dared to take another picture:
Watched Piper looking like a princess:
Acted like the couple we have insisted they become:
Dressed as twins to Tara's mortification (she stayed far away from Ben all day - especially since Piper had an Alabama dress on too. They totally looked like THAT family:)
Met Captain Jack Sparrow at Mickey's Very Merry Christmas Party (the only line we stood in the whole trip, but Jack was adamant that he wanted to meet this guy):
Took a few power naps after riding Space Mountain:
Celebrated Ella's birthday with Chef Mickey and his crew:
Took some family photos at the end of the day to commemorate how sweaty and tired we were:
Took the mandatory family photo in front of the Tree of Life (which made Jack totally talk only about the new movie "Tree of Life" on and on and on):
Helped out with the Festival of the Lion King show:
Took a self-portrait:
Ate at the Rainforest Cafe:
Talked and talked and talked:
Dared to ride Expedition Everest:
Took a family picture in front of a giant Christmas tree:
Doesn't that look like FUN? Yeah, we're Disney kind of people.





4 comments:
What a fabulous trip! I am sure Disney is just magical this time of year. Happy Thanksgiving!
Whew! I'm exhausted and yes, it does look like a blast! :)
Looks like a great trip. I am a Disney girl. My mom has worked at Disneyland since I was a little girl.
How fun! We just got back last night and am exhausted. I think we're partially Disney kind of people. I'm working on the hubby! :-)
Post a Comment