As most of you know, Ben and I are in the process of building a house. We have heard horror stories about this experience, but actually, we have yet to fight at all! In the name of full disclosure, I must say that he has let me pick everything out so there's not really been much to fight about, but.... still, no fights is no fights. Honestly, I married an amazingly laid back and relaxed guy which goes really well with my high maintainence personality. LOL Ben will get his say when we get to the electronics!! That's his baby.
Julie had suggested that I post pictures of the house in progress. These are actually a few weeks old. There are shingles and brick now so I'll update soon. We are supposed to be in sometime in Janaury. We'll see... I can't wait. We are staying in between my parents house and the family's place at Point A and we feel very out of sorts!! It is actually bothering me the most. I'm very obsessive about having everything in place and that is just impossible right now!! Jack is LOVING the arrangement. Anyway, it will come soon I suppose. My Uncle Ronnie and cousin Chris Curry are building it. Here is what we've got so far!

Front of the house

Back of the house

Side of the house

The view from our upstairs room (or our back yard) Not quite pretty yet...

Ben and Jack waving out the front window
Hope everyone has a wonderful holiday!! We're a little sad here b/c Ben is at work again,but we're still looking forward to family and GOOD FOOD!! Happy Thanksgiving!
9 comments:
Very exciting...I can't wait to come visit y'all when the house is finished!!!
HAPPY THANKSGIVING!
It looks like you are going to have a huge yard. I know you will be so glad when it is done. We hope to get land and build some day.
Shonna -
I can't wait till you guys visit either. It's funny b/c I was just telling Ben last Fri. night that I wish we were in our house so we could have the Fores, Reeves, and Bulgers over so the kids could play. We'll all have to christen the house!
Ginger -
You guys should get land and build HERE!!
Thank you so much for the sweet comments Lori! Glad to keep in touch with you in the blogging world! This is addictive and an easy way of keeping up with everyone! Your little one is just precious and I know you guys are soo excited about your new house! Congrats on everything and happy thanksgiving! Take care and keep in touch!
-Dawn
I'm glad you put the pics of the house on your blog. It is looking great! Jeremy and I didn't have any "knock-down-drag-outs" about our house either-we just couldn't get in fast enough. Jeremy, like Ben, cared mainly about the electronics and devices that he could get for our home. He just HAD to have surround sound, speakers throughout the bedrooms of the house and on the deck while he's grilling. And, let me not forget his beloved high definition. It sounds like we are at a movie theater when Jeremy watches a movie. Just a "heads-up" on what to expect from Ben...HA! I must say, it is nice to have. :)
Your house is gorgeous and can't wait to see the finished product. I'm sure Jack will love all the wide-opend spaces in his backyard for his playtime.
hey just wondering if you were going to put up any iron bowl pics I love ya and miss you both. Also if they finsh the brick put that picture up too. thanks
Hey Lori! Your blog is sooo cute and Jack has gotten so big! John and I have a blog too! Hope ya'll are doing great! www.thewells-family.blogspot.com
Looks good Lori!!!
Post a Comment