Monday, February 2, 2009

Potty Time

We've probably started a little too early, but we are at least talking about it now. I am sooo ready to stop buying diapers, but not at all excited about the whole process of potty training. I will say, it's been pretty funny so far!


My friend Phyllis said that I had to start him off right...

...in boxer briefs.

We have actually started the process. He sits on the little potty...

.... with his pants ON!! And then....

...he flushes the big toilet! Really funny!

10 comments:

Shonna said...

Well, good luck! I have been "talking" about potty training C for about a year now. She is now 2 1/2 and she still just sits on the potty, plays in the toilet tissue, and then flushes the potty. I just can't get excited about the whole process (especially having to use public restrooms) and have honestly just been lazy with it!!!

Cute pic of HG and J...isn't it great to have someone entertain him for a little while so you can get something accomplished (or just take a deep breath)!!

Anonymous said...

I haven't had the opportunity to look at your blog since Ben's painting. You do such a wonderful job! Looks like the house is coming along great! I love the firepit. Joey makes our boys go way behind the house to burn things. He's afraid they'll burn the house down. I know that you all will love that you built that. For some reason little boys just love to make a fire and watch things burn.

I love Jack's haircut! He's such a precious child, enjoy him while you can because when you blink he will be 15 and think he knows everything. I can't believe Justin will be 16 in May! I'm really feeling old!

Heather said...

That is funny because Aiden & I have been "talking" about it to. He'll go to the potty, take his diaper off and say I got to bee-bee (then he won't sit on the potty). So with that said, I've not really been pushing it to much. I'm totally with you on the tired of buying diapers. With Bailey I pushed, done the pull-ups (which I think is a mistake), and nothing worked. Then like magic she was like 3 and she said I want to wear big girl panties (to bed, and she slept with me b/c her daddy & I were not together), I was like ok. Luckily I had the big thick trainers and she didn't wet the bed and hasn't had many accidents since. So this is what I learned from my experience, they will do it when they get ready and not until then. Sorry for the long comment and Good Luck.

Emily :) said...

Isn't it fun? :) I have a video of Eli with his brand new potty and big boy underwears. He spent the whole time checking out the potty and trying to figure out how to take it apart and put it back together! I thought we would never get him potty trained.A very wise person told me that kids will know when they're ready and things will click. By the way, I love the boxer briefs! Josh's sister got Eli some a while back and he calls them "foxers"!

The Wilson's said...

I think anytime after 1 is a good time to get started. I haven't had the pleasure of potty training a boy! I hear it is a little harder than girls with the #2 part! Some of my friends who have boys put cheerios cereal in the toliet to make it like a game. They try and sink the cheerios. I started Emily and Anna at 1 and they were both in panties by 2. Just take your time and he will do fine. Good luck!!
We will wait for an formal invite, I would never surprise you with a visit. I have some friends like that and it's not for me.

Christy said...

I think the earlier the better! Gracie was 2 1/2 when she was completely potty trained. Does he like Elmo? There is a cute video about potty time with Elmo. Gracie loved it. The first time she watched it, she took all of her clothes off and ran to the bathroom. It was a no go that time, but eventually it worked:)

Beth said...

I feel your pain!!!!! We have been talking about training for a long time and I just can't get the energy to actually do it! We have a little potty and he will "TT" in it but we just haven't gone all the way, but it's time! Good Luck and let me know how it goes!!!

Lynn Castleberry said...

Madison was "TT" (as Beth put it) potty trained for almost a year before she would do the other on a regular basis, but we still have accidents. Had one at church Sunday as a matter of fact! Of all places!! Sharon Pate was really good about it though. It is good to introduce it but don't know if I would push it too hard. That is one thing that you cannot make them do. Even spanking doesn't work! Sometimes they just can't help it! Good luck with it though. I have been told that boys are MUCH harder than boys. Hehe!!

How did you add your signature to the bottom of every post?

Also, how do you add new music without creating a new playlist?

Lynn Castleberry said...

Thanks I figured out the adding new music part. Haven't tried signature yet.
Thank you so much for coming to the school today. I really appreciate it!

Anonymous said...

Jack looks good in his big boy undies. Good luck with the training.