Monday, February 22, 2010

Not Me Monday

** Let's try this out - as seen from MckMama:


I did not have a very relaxing weekend.

Friday was not full of fun, unexpected suprises. My in-laws did not come over for a really fun visit.

The security system guy (that I met over a year ago) did not show up on a Friday afternoon wanting to set up our security system. He did not expect me to remember him by sight and we did not stop everything we were doing on that busy afternoon to get our security system. I ceretainly do not have anything better to do on a Friday afternoon.

We did not have a fantastic time out with the Reeves, some of OUR favorite friends:), Friday night. We ceretainly did not stay up til midnight talking and laughing with them. We did not get to see sweet Caroline at the end of the night and that did not just make our day!

I did NOT sleep until 11:00 Saturday morning. I obviously did not sleep until my two year old came in saying, "Mommy, I'm home now!" I did not have the laziest Saturday in history. I did not read TWO WHOLE BOOKS that day and never change out of my pjs. Who does that? Ceretainly, not me!!

I did not forget to iron my child's clothes for church on Saturday and have to race around in my underwear to get that done on Sunday. I also did not shower, dress, AND dress my child and still get ready for church before my husband. Who would even think that is possible??? Not me!

I did not have a GREAT day with my church family and a fantastic lunch at Nana's. I did not take my sleeping child to Bryce's birthday just so I could talk to all my other "mom friends" there. I did not have another great time with the Reeves that night - this time WITH Jack and Caroline!

And, of course, I did not sleep late this morning. I did not lay in bed while my husband got up and got my child dressed. I did not tell my child we were going to see the big water tower (technically true) instead of telling him we were going to daycare b/c I would NEVER lie to my child like that! I did not make my child drink lots of juice on the way to school, b/c I forgot to brush his teeth this morning. No, not me!! I did not drive 5 miles out of my way so my child could see another water tower to appease him enough to get him IN his classroom this morning.

I was not about an hour late for work!! I am not wishing these two days away so I can GET TO THE BEACH!! And, I am not wishing this day away so I can see my two men this afternoon!!

I can't imagaine the crazy, frustrated, not put together woman who all this could happen to!! Glad it's NOT ME - excpet there were some really fun, relaxing things in there!! :)

Have a great Not Me Monday!

4 comments:

Karen said...

lol! Love it. Hope the rest of your week gets better.
What two books did you not read? Anything interesting?

Lynn Castleberry said...

I loved reading that! I just don't think I could come up with enough stuff to make it interesting! I probably could have done one back in September when all that mess happened to us that required lots and lots of money!! :)

mandy said...

Love this!

Shonna said...

We do NOT enjoy our time with the Foremans and hope y'all can NOT do it again soon:)