Monday, October 18, 2010

The House At Pooh Corner

It's exciting for us that we only live about 90 miles from the Alabama Shakespeare Festival. This theatre really puts on some incredible performances throughout the year. A couple of years ago, Ben and I along with the Fores saw "Bear Country" - a play about the life of former Alabama football coach, Bear Bryant and it was fabulous! This year, I had heard that they had a play about Winnie the Pooh and all his gang and I really wanted to take Jack. When I looked for tickets, I realized they were only playing on Saturdays during the fall. Well, I just counted it as a loss since we all know that Saturdays in the fall = college football at the Foreman house:)

In the middle of last week, I realized that Bama's game wasn't until 8:00 p.m. this Saturday and I immediately thought about this being the last week of "Pooh" at ASF. It is really important that I be at my house for the Alabama games (as we all learned the hard way last weekend:), but I haven't been able to find a particular place to be to make Auburn lose so it wasn't important that I watch their game:). After deciding that, my mom and I decided to take Jack to see "Pooh" on Saturday afternoon.
It was a great show with wonderful talent and a beautiful set like I've come to expect from ASF. The actors were really great and enthusiastic throughout the whole play. I do think it was for kids maybe slightly older than Jack simply b/c there were REAL people and they didn't have on the big Pooh and Tigger costumes like you would expect. So I would have to lean down and say, "Jack, that's Pooh" or "There's Eeyore" or whatever... But he did pretty well and LOVED it when Tigger was bouncing around on his pogo stick! Eeyore is his favorite Pooh character (I really pushed that when he was younger b/c Eeyore is my favorite:) and he liked it a lot when he was close to us. All in all, a good idea and a really fun day. Jack even got to take some pictures with some of the cast after the show!

Jack and Winnie the Pooh:

With Tigger and Kanga:

With Rabbit and Roo:

And to make it a really special day, Jack even found Bear Bryant (who he knows well b/c we have LOTS of pictures of him in our house:)

It was a good day and I did make it home in plenty of time to watch Bama win a good Homecoming game!!

10 comments:

bethany said...

Storey would have died of happiness at this place!!

bethany said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Emily :) said...

Fun! Glad y'all got to go AND be home for the game. :)

Unknown said...

Lori, he is getting so big! Looks like you guys had a great day! :)

Anonymous said...

Hi Lori! Here from FMBT to return your follow.

You have an adorable family! I especially love how Jack is checking out Pooh..that face is priceless!

Alexis AKA MOM said...

OMGoodness what a fun day and those ppl look GREAT all dressed up!!

LOVE the new header so cute as always!

jayayceeblog said...

Stage plays are just so much fun. So glad you got to go! I still play the Kenny Loggins CD "Return to Pooh Corner" in the car and sing to myself. Love anything Winnie the Pooh!

Pam said...

Hi! I found you over at the F<BT blog hop! Your blog is so CUTE!! What a special outing with your little man! Have a wonderful week!
http://theadventuresofmrsreagan.blogspot.com/

Jenners said...

Sounds so cute!! I love the concept of Tigger on the pogo stick. And it is kind of neat they didn't take a too "literal" approach to the costumes.

Jami said...

I would not have expected human interpretations of the characters at all, but just from the pictures, I can see how well the personified the "real" characters. It looks like a great day for you guys!