Saturday, January 22, 2011

Chief

We have a new member of the Foreman family. Jack has been asking for a puppy for a while now and some friends of ours were giving them away recently. This little guy is part Collie, part Terrier, and probably part lots of other things. But, Ben and I have been the full-bred route in the past and while we loved Romeo, he was EXPENSIVE!! So far, our new addition has been great. He's staying the garage with a nice warm bed and blanket on these cold nights and he has been NO problem. Dogs don't have the best track record with us so you all may want to say a little prayer for him now:)

This is Chief... yep, he's a cutie. He's named "Chief" as in "Let's Go Chiefs" as in the Kansas City Chiefs. We like them b/c they have lots of Alabama players and Jack likes them b/c they chant and well, nothing gets done around here that isn't somehow connected to football. It is really a miracle my son somehow managed to not be named Saban or Tyde - really, those were actual possibilities:) So, Chief has made a new home and we're excited!

In other news, I saw how to make a really cool cupcake holder Valentine's wreath over at Write It Down. I decided to give it a go - mine didn't turn out nearly as cute as hers, but it's good enough to hang in my living room...

Happy Friday... well, I guess it's Saturday now, but as long as it's still the weekend, I'm happy:)

4 comments:

Adrienne said...

What a cute puppy and We are chiefs fans too =) My hubby and I grew up in Oklahoma so most of us are Cowboys or chiefs fans... I hope all go well with the new addition

Melody said...

Love love love the picture on your blog....how cute is that!!!!
And what a cutie pie puppy. Oh how sweet. We need another try at a puppy. We had a baaaad experience with a shitzu puppy we inherited and had to give back after a few weeks. Nightmare of a situation. The kids are dying for another dog though and so are we. So happy for ya'll.

Emily :) said...

That is a CUTE puppy! And I know puppies! :) Love the name, too.

That wreath is too cute! Look at you being all crafty! :)

Karen said...

How adorable!! (and THANK YOU for not naming your child Tyde - I seriously would have considered calling in some therapy for you if you had...) :)