Here is our worship rally area. Me and the rest of the children's committee were in charge of this area. The idea is from my crafty and talented friend, Tara, but we all worked on it. Ben made the Chinese pagoda. You can see there was lots of bamboo, panda bears and other animals. Lots of fun!!

Our buddy characters who helped us learn the Bible point every night were: Lulu the golden monkey; Boomer the panda; Amanda the red panda; Pogo the snow leopard; and Fez the bird (she was from Monday and I really don't remember what kind of bird she was:). I think you can find them all on stage.
Our children's choir helping the other kids learn the songs and motions:
They act out the Bible stories each night and the kids interact in the story. For instance, the night that Jonah was in the belly of the fish, the whole room was a belly and they had open sardines with a fan to make the smell and the whole room was black and the waves were rocking... I was glad I wasn't working in that part:)
The director's child... isn't it always that way?? He did participate more than I thought he would but he spent some a lot of time like this too:)

I don't know if y'all have ever seen any bamboo shoots but I got it from our Japanese Steakhouse (that has the BEST sushi!! :) and it did NOT look or smell good. Timmy confirmed that it tasted worse than it smelled. Anyway, we were raising money to clothe orphans in Haiti and we had a contest between the girls and boys. The girls won so Timmy had to eat bamboo (cause that's what pandas eat) during commencement. Y'all, those kids raised over $900.00 to help clothe orphans and I get to be one of the ones that gets to take a lot of those clothes to them next month. Very cool:)
The preacher giving everyone a good sermon at VBS:
Not really.... he was actually just telling everyone how to get to the fellowship hall for finger foods, but it looks like he's going to town, doesn't it? :)
It was a great week! Sorry, Karen, but I have no pictures of me as PandaMania Penelope. I'm sure someone does, but they probably won't make it to the blog:)
3 comments:
Wow--y'all really went all out! Looks like a great time. And that is so awesome about how much money the kids raised. I can't wait to hear about your trip to Haiti!
Awesome! Yall really decorated hard core! Love it! Looks like everyone had a great time!
Your rooms look so great! I'm jealous! We are doing the same VBS theme this year (I think most Christian churches are) and I am running the theater room. Last year I did the gymnasium and the year before I taught in Big's classroom, so I always end up doing something for VBS when what I think I want to do is stay home while the boys go to VBS. It usually turns out fun though, and I'm always glad to participate and be part of my kids' relationship with God!
Post a Comment