Wednesday, June 29, 2011

Whatnot Wednesday

EveryDaytheWonderfulHappens

I've been couponing like crazy around here. I find it incredibly challenging and really rewarding. I know that's probably pretty sad, but I try to keep it real around here. I just bought four boxes of Tampax (20 count) for 89 cents (not each - for ALL four). I don't need them or anything, but I'm pretty excited about it.

Darius Rucker?? I'm a fan. I know that different people have different tastes, but I don't understand why there is this "idea" that he's somehow not cool?? I mean, who didn't like Hootie and the Blowfish, right? And now I'm even a fan of his country stuff. "Friends" went to a Hootie concert and it wasn't like that was the only band they could get to be on the show. They didn't even show the band so they could have used any band, but they choose Hootie. If he's cool enough for Ross and co., he's cool enough for me! I'm just saying....

I was flipping channels last night and "A Lot Like Love" was on right at the scene where Ashton Kutcher and Amanda Peet are singing "If You Leave Me Now." That's such a great scene. I love it when that happens too - remote control gold!

Have y'all seen the infomercial about the pajama blue jeans??? I'm fascinated - seriously fascinated! I literally look for people to see if I can find anyone that has them on and I'm going to go introduce myself. I just need to meet the person that would buy them. Of course, I felt this way about snuggies for a long time too and now I own one. Who am I kidding? I'm totally going to be wearing those in another year or two.

I've started reading the Harry Potter books. I had been planning to forever, but I just can't get excited about science fiction - it's not my thing. They're good though. I expected them to be good, of course. Surely, that many people couldn't be that wrong. I mean, the author doesn't have anything on Nelson DeMille but I'm interested. I'm on the second book - Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets. I'm probably not the typical reader b/c I really don't care what's in the chamber or who the Slytherin heir is, but I am very interested in how all the relationships end up throughout the series. I'm guessing it's Harry and Ginny and Hermonie and Ron. Am I right?? And I thought that Dumbledore and McGonagall might get together, but I think I heard that Dumbledore is gay so there's that theory already shot. Regardless, I'm intrigued.

Go to The Wonderful Happens and clear your head of all the whatnots floating around.

5 comments:

everythingismeowsome said...

Where to begin??
That's a great deal on Tampax, girl!!! Those things are expensive!

Secondly, Hootie was cool back in the day, but I think the band just got too overplayed. BUT, I will say that I really love the new country stuff.

Harry Potter--I started reading it way back when and I just could NOT get into it. I literally couldn't make myself start the second book. I know, I'm like the only person in the world who could care less. Oh well. I'll always have Twilight!

Karen said...

I read Potter too, until around book 5 - the first few are fun and cute, but they get progressively darker...

The couponing thing amazes me - I try, but just don't seem to have the luck others do. (we also don't have any stores around here that will double coupons so that may have something to do with it.)

Pajama jeans - sounds interesting - and I can't believe you have a snuggie... :)

Tina K Rogers said...

proud of you on the couponing! i had a long financial talk w/ some friends today. sooo maybe i'll jump on board. i dont watch the couponing show so i've got to learn how to do all of it. esp w/ groc going up and me not upping my groc budget. and dont be ashamed... i have a snuggie too! AND I LOVE IT WHILE READING BOOKS DURING THE WINTER!

Matti said...

Love your blog Lori! Thanks for the laughs and keeping it real. There truly is no better way to be! :)

Matti said...

OH... and I absolutely, positively LOVE Darius Rucker. I completely adore him and think he is wonderfully talented :)