Saturday, November 22, 2008

Okay, So Maybe It IS Time...

Well, it is an ongoing battle in our family about cutting Jack's hair. I am the lone one holding out. Forturnately, Ben is a little on my side, but I think all the grandparents and everyone else are on the cutting bandwagon. Yesterday, I got these pictures and even I had to say... Maybe it is time... You can see what I mean!






So, then I thought I would try something else. This next picture FULLY convinced my husband it was time!! LOL




It is still not fully decided b/c I would like for the front to catch up to the back, but we'll see how much longer I can hold out! By the way, Jack is very against cutting his hair as well. He is on Mommy's side ALL THE WAY! When asks if he wants to cute his hair, he clearly says "No!" Oh well, either way, long hair or short, one thing is always true for Jack.....


Right, Life is GOOD!! Have a great weekend everyone!

9 comments:

Julie said...

What a huge decision to make! I would be tempted to leave it...it is so precious when you see the pictures of him at the beach with his hair curled from underneath his little cap. Hudson's hair was the same length as Jack's at one time. Jason told Sarah it was time to cut Hudson's hair after several(older)people at their church commented on what a pretty little "girl" they had! Whatever you decide he'll still be the "one cute kid". :-)

One more thing: We haven't taken JP to see Santa at the mall yet. His first Christmas, I just sat him up in the wicker chair with a little Santa and took some pics. (thus the one on my blog page) And that same Christmas, when I was a member of Coterie, Santa came to visit. Last year, Guardian Angel provided a Santa for the kiddos to visit. I left school early and took pictures of him sitting on his lap. HE LOVED IT! I am sure they'll do the same this year! It beats having to wait in those forever long lines in the mall. Santa will be coming to our house again the first week in December. You should purchase a ticket for Santa to visit little Jack. I'm not in Coterie anymore but you could get one from Lindsey Reeves. Just a thought.....:) Love you too! Come see us!

Heather said...

It is a decision. I cut Aidens when he was a year & a half. His hair was just like Jack's. Someone cut it for me the first time,and then I shaved it throughout the summer that seemed to thicken it up.

The Wilson's said...

Once you cut it, it's the end of the baby curls. I think it will be cute either way you decide. I was pressured to cut the girls bangs when they were smaller, but didn't! I am glad I didn't because it is so much easier to fix being all the same length. Hopefully one day we will have a boy and hopefully it won't bother me to cut his hair. After all I have enough hair to fix each day!!

Carrie said...

Well, sorry this has taken so long. What do you expect me to say? He is the cutest little boy ever! I love your blog! Thanks for turning me on to the idea. This way I can see pictures of baby Jack any time (since it is a lost cause to actually possess one myself!) By the way, I am on your side (big surprise). . . I think once you get his haircut he will be a little boy, not a baby. O.K. Well, I must go. May I say how it is pure amazing how everybody here is on my case about blogging, yet you will not leave me alone about using the computer. What do you want from me. . .? See you soon. Kiss my baby, and tell Ben to be casreful, and we will miss him as always.

Matti said...

Lori,
Jack is so precious! I can't believe how fast time flies! His hair is beautiful, so I think it would look great either way, but I would be tempted to leave it as well! I am so happy for you and your family! You seem very happy in life and that is awesome! I have missed everyone and I am glad to be able to take a glimpse into your lives from afar! I do, however, feel left out for not having a child! My goal is to try to have a child around 30 (only a little over a year away), but we'll have to see what God has in store for me! Take care!

Tina K Rogers said...

Hey, glad you found me... I've enjoyed the pics of Jack... He's a cutie pie!! Leave that hair. Make him a mo'hock!!! Or spike it up!! I want a boy so I can make him a rocker.... I'd make him wear the john johns w/ high socks first. yeah, you can fix his hair and shop at www.bodenusa.com.... Boden clothes for boys are great!!

Michelle said...

I would say hold out as long as you can...once you cut those first baby curls off...they are gone forever, meaning he WILL look more like a little boy rather than a baby! Be ready for that. Nikki had the hardest time cutting her youngest sons hair because she knew with Abram (her middle chile) once they were cut, he looked like a little boy and it took her a while to finally cut Eli's!! So, enjoy your baby as long as you can!! He will be a "big boy" soon enough!!

The Chronicles of Tardville said...

In responce to the question..those lyrics are by Skynyrd. Dont think the song was a big hit but I liked it. In regards to your kids hair, I have my opinion but im not going to voice it for fear of all the mothers on here ganging up on me. Hope yall are well

Lynn Castleberry said...

I like his hair. Now when he is 3 or 4, maybe. But right now it is precious! I love all your pics.