Tuesday, December 2, 2008

Our First Christmas Party

As most of you know, I work as a social worker for the United Methodist Children's Home. Every year in early December, our Therapeutic Foster Care unit has a Christmas party for the children. It was a big hit again this year and is always lots of fun for everyone. Obviously, I cannot post pictures of our foster children, but I do have a few of our foster parent's biological children and families and these kids gave me permission to put them on the blog. Here are...


Jerome (who's very COOL as you can see!) with Ms. Phyllis (my co-worker and great friend and one of Jack's aunties!)


Pretty girls Shauna and Tanisha!

And, of course, I can post pics of my kid enjoying the party. Jack really thought he was something partying with the older kids!!

Jack with his other honorary Auntie Jo Ann!

We took our new favorite friend, Wallee the Koala Bear with us to the party. This was actually a Webkinz for Hannah Grace for Christmas. However, Jack found it and has not let go of it yet!! Sorry Han! We'll get you something else!

Our first party of the year is always spent with these special people and it was another BIG HIT!!

6 comments:

Heather said...

Looks like Jack really enjoyed himself. I don't think I could do your job or anything that has to do with... how do I say this... Unfortunate kids. I would probably want to hurt the stupid parents.

The Wilson's said...

I did not know you were a social worker. I think that would be such a rewarding job and heartbreaking also. I am glad the party was a success!

Matti said...

Lori,
It seems like you had a great time, and Jack too!! I think your career must be very rewarding, as well as trying at times, but hopefully the rewards outweigh the tensions. The only good thing I can say about my career is that I help people manage/save their money and Wachovia does have some great volunteer/charity opportunities that I participate in, but that's not very much! I wish I could just win the lottery and do all volunteer and charity work ALL the time! That would be soo awesome! Maybe one day! ;0)

Lynn Castleberry said...

I taught Shauna and Tanisha 2 years ago. I didn't know their parents were foster parents. Jack is so adorable!

Julie said...

I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE the Christmas card that we received in the mail!!

Looks like Jack was really enjoying himself at the party. You definitely have a rewarding job!!! I'm sure they are glad to have someone with your sweet and caring disposition on their staff. :)

Christy said...

It takes a special person to do the job you do! I remember those parties!